GUIDELINES TO DRESSING FOR A JOB INTERVIEW IN NIGERIA
DRESS UP MAKE UP!
Hello readers, do you know your clothing style says a lot about you? Your clothing styles can
speak volumes about you before you even open your mouth. The same goes for the kind of facial make up you wear. In this article, I have carefully described how you can do some basic things for yourself in order to have an edge in your dressing sense when you go for an interview or when you attend an event. Everyone dresses but not everyone dresses well. Here, you will find out the truth about your dressing, what it says about you, how to dress for an interview, and how you can improve on it. More so, I have outlined how you can do a facial make-up for yourself without shivering, getting the desired result you want on your face and look more radiant and gorgeous than you are! I call it “Do It Yourself Make-Up”. Enjoy reading!
SOME LITTLE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DRESSING.
- You don’t need a lot of bells and whistles to look great. You can just keep everything simple. Keep this in mind when you’re putting your outfit together. Dressing well is all about the fit.
- Your sense of style is like Rome; It won’t be built in a day. You’ll need a while to fully grasp all the little intricacies that make an outfit Don’t expect to become a better dresser within a month or two. You should prepare to spend some time on it.
- Be Open to Feedback. You may also have people in your life that will genuinely try to help you, so be open to their advice. People who provide sincere counsel will usually be people that dress fairly well themselves.
- Accept That You Will Make Mistakes. We all make mistakes. None of us are immune to this. This shouldn’t keep you from trying new The road to success is paved with mistakes. You just need to realize when you’ve made one, accept it, work on it so you won’t keep making the same mistake, and then move on.
- Know That You’ll Get There Eventually. If you keep working on it, eventually you’ll train your eye for style. You’ll notice details in your own and other people’s outfits. You’ll know when something works and when it doesn’t.
Follow these facts and develop a good sense for dressing. It will help but you will have to work on it. Change never comes from reading things; it comes from taking action. Pick one thing, and then focus on mastering that one thing. Then, pick the next, and the next, and the next. Slowly, but surely, you’ll start to see major improvements. Slowly, but surely, you’ll develop your sense of dressing well. And then, you’ll notice that you feel better about yourself, and that you get more respect.
GUIDELINES TO DRESSING FOR A JOB INTERVIEW
Knowing what to wear on a job interview is half the battle of the interview itself. The old adage could never be so true, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” When you’re going on a job interview, your appearance is extremely important. Whether or not you look professional or sloppy could play a huge role on if you get hired. When first deciding what to wear on a job interview, you should first take into consideration the culture of the company you are interviewing with, and dress accordingly. Appropriateness is another most important factor on what to wear on a job interview. Here are some guidelines you will want to stay with when deciding what to wear on a job interview.
- Make sure your clothes are neatly ironed and pressed. Nothing gives away the lack of attention to detail than wrinkled clothing.
- Make sure your clothing fits If your pants or sleeves are too long or something is too loose or too tight you’ll look and probably feel awkward.
- Don’t wear flashy jewelry. You’ll want the interviewer to pay attention to you, not your bling.
- Dress according to the season. Don’t wear a stuffy turtleneck sweater in the middle of the summer.
- For men, make sure you have a nice, clean haircutthat makes you look well groomed. You shave and keep facial hair to a minimum.
- For women, don’t wear anything that is too revealing. It’s best to keep your body parts inside your clothing and not be too exposed. Make sure you don’t have visible panty lines on your backside.
- Avoid articles of clothing with loud, busy prints. It’s best to wear solid colorsthat flatter your skin tone.
- For women, don’t overdo your facial makeup. Wear natural colors and avoid heavy eye shadow, eyeliner and bright colored lipstick.
- For men, make sure you wear a beltthat matches the color of your shoes.
- Also you should not wear too much perfume, it may distract the interviewer most especially the ones that are allergic to it.
DO IT YOURSELF MAKE UP APPLICATION
Have you ever wondered how to get that perfect look with make up? Knowing a few tricks can really help! You don’t need to have a lot of make up on you, you only need it to accent your good features. Follow these step by step make up application and you will love yourself more!
- Wash your face. Washing your face will make your skin look perfectly clean.
- Draw your brow and fill it with brown brow pencil, brush it backwards to make it look even.
- Highlight the brow with concealer to make it look well defined.
- Apply your eyeshadow and then your eyeliner.
- Curl your lashes with mascara.
- Apply face primer. Any brands will do.
- Apply foundation. Choose the one that matches your skin colour.
- Apply concealer to the dark circle under your eye.
- Apply powder.
- Apply a bronzer and/or blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Apply lip liner, and apply a lipstick of the same colour or a complementary colour and then finish with a lip gloss if you want a glossy look. Finish!
Remember your physical appearance constitute 80% of how fast people remembers you. More so, it takes practice and determination to dress well, it’s not about how much you have heard it’s about how much of it you put into action.
For more information, make up training and services; contact:
07032624545, 08128224992, 07054606940.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021