10 Top Multinational Companies Offering Employments to Nigerians
Finding employment in a country like Nigeria can be a whole lot of task. Considering the number of youths that graduate yearly from Nigerian Universities and the rate of unemployment, many youths are always concerned about how and where to find a decent job in the country. Surprisingly, there are companies in the country where you can secure good jobs once you meet their criteria, in fact, these companies are multinational companies. In this article, we will take you through some of them and help you find your way to landing your dream job.
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC): the oil and gas industry is one of the most prosperous industries in Nigeria and to that end, adequate attention is paid to workers in the industries and investors who invest in the industry. Shell Petroleum is a branch of the oil industry. Shell Petroleum as popularly known deals with oil and gas and apart from being the oldest company in the petroleum industry, they give their employees the best treatment they deserve. They pay them good salaries and provide conducive work environments for them. They do not neglect the needs of their employees. If you are thinking of a place to work, then you should consider Shell Petroleum. If you do well, you will be considered for a job because employment is always on merit.
- First Bank Nigeria, PLC: First Bank Nigeria is one of the oldest banks in the world and the oldest in Nigeria. They provide good and conducive environment for their employees with encouraging salaries. Even with the creation of new generation banks, First Bank is still making waves and this is partly because they are trying to stay on top of competition. As far as banks are concerned in Nigeria, First Bank Nigeria is the highest paying bank. If you have a degree in banking and Finance, Accounting or any related field, you might want to consider becoming a First Bank’s employee.
- Total Nigeria PLC: just like Shell, Total Nigeria is also making waves in the oil and Gas industry of the country. Total Nigeria controls a number of employees around the country and offers them good pays not leaving out remuneration packages. Total Nigeria is a multinational company that offers employment based on merit.
- The Nigerian Embassy: one of the best places you can work as a graduate is with the Nigerian Embassy. Working with the Nigerian Embassy will sure earn you so much money. The Nigerian Embassy is controlled and managed by the Nigerian Government and there are different sectors where you can work in the embassy. Especially if you are bilingual, you stand a higher chance of securing a job there. Employment with the embassy is based on merit, so endeavor to meet all of their requirements.
- Chevron: Chevron like Total and Shell also deal in oil and gas and they offer their employees one of the best salaries they can get anywhere in the world. Chevron is a multinational company that is not only based in Nigeria but established in various countries all over the world. Chevron is an American owned company and like other petroleum companies, their salary and remuneration is very encouraging. They also employ based on merit, so if you are thinking of working with a multinational petroleum company, you might want to consider Chevron.
Read Also: How to Generate Business Ideas That Work
6. MTN Nigeria: MTN Nigeria is one of the leading telecommunication industries you can ever work with in Nigeria because they ensure they provide their employees with good work experience. MTN, like many multinational companies has branches in various countries across the world including South Africa and across various states in Nigeria. If you are opportune to work with MTN, you might have to count yourself among the lucky people on earth. The work environment is conducive and the pay is attractive and enticing, more so, you have the chance to go on an annual leave once in a year. There is remuneration and many other privileges for their employees.
7. Goethe Institute, Nigeria: Goethe Institute is named after the German story writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and it is a German establishment. Goethe Institute has branches all over the world including Nigeria and they pay their employees well. Their workers are paid using the German and general European pay of “per hour”. Working with the Goethe Institute as an employee is a whole lot of privilege for you, because you do not only earn an impressive salary, but you also have the chance to attend conferences and seminars in different countries around the world.
8. NNPC: You might keep wondering why we have added more of companies in the oil industry to this list, this is solely because the oil sector as mentioned earlier is one of the leading sectors in Nigeria and as such, investors keep looking forward to invest in the sector day after day which brings us to the NNPC company. The NNPC is a Nigerian based petroleum industry that deals with oil and gas. The industry has branches in various states around the country with a number of employees in each branch. The company provides its employees with a conducive working environment complemented by a good pay as salary. There is also remuneration for workers too among many other benefits.
9. Dangote: you’ve heard the richest man in Nigeria is Aliko Dangote right?. Well you might have been dreaming of working with him and this is a chance. Dangote has several brands of production and companies. Some of Dangote’s production includes the most common Dangote cement, Dangote Spaghetti, Dangote sugar etc. You can work with any of the companies depending on your area of interest and specialization. By working with Dangote, you get the chance to work in a comfortable work environment and also enjoy an encouraging salary, because Dangote companies ensure their employees get positive work experience so as to foster productivity.
10. Glo: like MTN, Glo is also a leading telecommunication company in Nigeria that provides good work environment for her employees and also a “fat” salary. Working with Glo is mostly on merit so be rest assured to be employed once you meet their requirements.
While we have compiled in this article a number of multinational companies in Nigeria you can work with, ensure to also see that you learn about their requirements as this will make things easier for you.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.