10 Ways To Get Paid in Dollars While Working in Nigeria
There is so much concern for Nigerians in terms of employment and job opportunities. Due to the striking unemployment rate and the unstable economy, the naira value keeps depreciating day by day, and Nigerians now seek ways to work more so as to earn more money. Many who don’t have a full-time job have involved themselves in part-time jobs (majorly online) and they earn payments in dollars, from Nigeria. This is possible because they discovered some strategies, some of which we will be sharing in this article.
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin is the most common and valuable form of crypto currency all over the world. Crypto currencies are decentralized digital assets, they are unaffected by economy and can be instantly traded. You can obtain Bitcoin through various methods like trading gift cards, PayPal etc. With bitcoin, you can make cool cash in dollars after trading. However, to start trading Bitcoin, you must get yourself familiar with Blockchain, because it is the technology that runs Bitcoin and every other crypto currencies, if you do not familiarize yourself with Blockchain, you might end up making mistakes and lose your income, but if on the other hand you got familiar, be sure to make lots of dollars.
- Teaching online: this is one of the easiest way to make cool dollars in Nigeria. With English as our official language, there are countries that have English rather as their second language, and this is where the gist comes in. Since you are fluent in English, you might want to earn some money for your fluency by teaching those who are not as fluent as you are and earn money. It’s as simple as that. Sites like Teacheron give you the opportunity as a potential teacher to meet potential students and teach them English language. Once you register, you get the chance to set up your own convenient teaching time and you can teach wherever you are. Everything is done online and you work according to your convenient schedule.
- Translation: you can also earn unending dollars from translation. Let me first say that learning any foreign languages is not an easy task, so if you are so privileged to know one or two fluently, you have done a great job and we both know you don’t want that great job to become a waste, which is why I want to inform you that you can earn by translating. Freelance websites like Translatorcafe will connect you with thousands of job postings in search of translators, interpreters, copywriters and many more. Project can vary, while some projects may be done online, some might require an in-person presence. Furthermore, projects vary across different topics like law, sport, education etc., so like I mentioned earlier, if you have a foreign language knowledge or you are studying a foreign language in school, this is a chance for you to explore your field, flex your muscles and make cool dollars.
4. Freelancing: sites like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer are one of the most popular places to get freelance postings. There are varieties of freelance works available ranging from copyrighting to digital marketing to video editing. If you are good in digital marketing, organizations might be in need of your service with the aim to build their online presence and if you are into copywriting, you could find writing gigs, sales copy, product description for blogs and the likes that will only take you few hours to finish, and if you are into video editing, be sure to get patronage as many startups are looking for freelancers to create motion graphics, how-to videos and the likes, so your chances might be just around the corner.
5. Taking on-demand tasks: big companies around the world usually pay for market research and this is mainly because they understand the impact it could have on their business which is why they pay certain amount to people who are willing to take up on-demand research for them. They pay through apps like BeMyEye. The tasks usually take about five to ten minutes depending, and they pay between three to twelve dollars per task ( it varies). So think of how much you would make per research and multiply it by how many research you are willing to make. It’s sure no bad start.
Read Also: Bitcoin Mining Business Plan In Nigeria
6. Transcription: there is so much chance for you if you can pay rapt attention to video clips and transcribe. This is the gist, there are people who probably do not know how to transcribe while there are some who do not have the time to transcribe, so this is where you come in. You transcribe for their easy understanding and you get your pay. You have an advantage if you are fluent in any foreign languages ( considering that English transcription might be competitive, since it’s more of a world language). But note that you must pay attention to every details while transcribing including punctuations and most especially your grammar. Sites like Transcribeme offers freelance where you can transcribe 2-4 minutes videos in any language you are fluent in and earn fifteen to twenty five dollars per hour.
7. Publish e-books: with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing , everyone gets the chance to publish freely. The thing is, there are some knowledge known only to you which if shared could be beneficial to the whole world, why not share it then, with KDP, you can sell your e-books anywhere in the world and earn in dollars for every purchase made.
8. Play video games: how does it feel to earn while having fun? Cool right?. Playing some trending video games could earn you some cool cash. Apps like Mistplay helps you play games and reward you with gift cards which you can later convert into cash (dollars or naira). The gist is, the more games you play, the more reward you get.
9. Taking surveys: brands pay users to watch videos and take online surveys, their end is to see that they are delivering the right services to their customers.
10. Develop an app: with the new turns technology takes day by day, businesses are in need of app developers , so if you are a tech guru, you could visit freelance platforms like X Team, Gun.io and meet your prospective clients. You can really get paid in dollars by being all day in your pajamas if you took any of the above into consideration.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Fish Farming Training In Lagos - September 9, 2020
- Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2020 For Nigerian Undergraduate Students - September 9, 2020
- National Enterprise Challenge 2020 For Nigerian Students - September 9, 2020