25 Ways to Sell Online in Nigeria
Bringing your business online might just be the perfect pace setting you need to bring your business into the limelight. The online market is a larger one compared to the local market, therefore, as an entrepreneur, you need guide and enlightenment on how to successfully sell online, especially in the Nigeria market.
- Create a social media presence: there is no denial that for an online business to be successful, there is need for the business owner to be an online personality. Social media should be the first place for you to channel your advertisement. Some of the common social media include Facebook with about three billion active users, Instagram with over seventy hundred million users, Twitter, YouTube amongst many others. You will agree with me that social media is a community on its own. Someone said if Facebook was a country, it would be the most populated. Considering the number of active users on social media, you will realize that the best place to sell your goods online might just be the social media.
- Send free samples to influencers: there are a lot of influencers ranging from journalists, bloggers and celebrities who use the social media from time to time and also help in promoting businesses on their pages. You could send a sample of your product to them. Tell them it’s free and that’s it’s just a token of your appreciation for the work they do. They will in turn appreciate it and mention you in their next post. That way, you increase your followers and also extend your products to a larger populace.
- Blogging: blogging is one of the strategies that work for any entrepreneur interested in making huge sales. It does not matter whether you are a good writer or not. It could be learnt as long as you got a good command of English language. You bring your product closer to people through blogging. Blogging helps you create trust in people and also provides contents to share on your social media handles. The answers to every question people might have about your product are available on your blog.
- Build an email list: research shows that sixty percent of marketers confirmed that email marketing generated a ROI ( Return on Investment)for their company. Having an email list of your past and present customers will go a long way in helping you disseminate information about your products.
- Sponsor an event: this is like a cheat code. Sponsoring events works wonders but you should be careful to select the right events to sponsor. Select events where your product would be acknowledged by attendees.
- Facebook: never you underestimate the power of Facebook. Running Facebook campaign is a way you could bring your business to the doorstep of not only people in Nigeria but also abroad.
7. Sell wholesale to retailers: selling your product in wholesale price to retailers will not only speed up your sales, you will also indirectly boost your customer sales, because you have people spreading the word for you and your product
8. Improve your customer service: customer service is an avenue for consumers to give their reception about your product. It might be a good reception or a positive one which is why it is important to endeavor to produce satisfactory goods.
9. Referral contest: you might want to embrace this tip. This is a tip that works very well in a country like Nigeria. Organizing referral contest by awarding a token or sum to the winner will help to showcase your business to the public and yield more income.
10. Make a press release: this is especially for new businesses that want to launch. Making a press release may create an awareness of your product and attract sales. However, make sure that whatever you are releasing is worthwhile.
- Run a survey: running a product survey will help you know what consumers are saying about you. They talk about their experience on your website either positive or negative. But it helps you to do the needful.
- Network: the success of every business rest on networking. You cannot sell only to your friends and family. Your customers are out there all, you have to do is connect with them through social media. You could search for forums that are connected to your product on Google or you could join groups on Facebook.
- Build the right relationship: relating with like- minded- goal- and purpose- driven minds is one of the greatest achievement of every business. Connect with people whom you feel are purpose driven like yourself and build a relationship with them.
- Organize give away: people, especially Nigerians love free things. It’s funny right?. I know, but it’s the truth. Organizing give away will drive more traffic to your website or social media handles and simultaneously increase your sales.
- Use Twitter: search for people tweeting things in relation to your business or brand and offer help by supplying them with answers. The idea might not be to pitch initially, but in the long run, you will realize that people will start getting fascinated by your comments and would want to know more about you and what you do.
- Play competitive: the law of demand states that’s that the higher the price the lower the quantity demanded and vice versa. When you beat down your price compared to other stores who produces the same product as you, you tend to get more sales.
- Online store: have an online store. For your business to succeed online you need to build an online store, even if it’s no more than a page. This will make it easier for prospective customers to find you and your product.
18. Get a LinkedIn profile: after setting up a business profile for yourself, you will be able to connect with business experts. You might not start making sales instantly, but with time you get connected.
19. Create a pop-up store: having an online store alone isn’t enough which is why I recommend a pop-up store. A pop-up store could be located anywhere. Anywhere you think your target audience could be.
20. Advertise on Instagram: in a situation where you don’t want to give out free products to influencers, you could still tell them to help you advertise your business while you pay them an agreed fee.
21. Co- sponsor giveaways: you might by chance come across a giveaway on any of the social media, send the sponsor a message and show your interest in cosponsoring the giveaway. You will receive an acknowledgement in his next post.
- Mobile app: you might want to create a mobile app for your business. It doesn’t matter how small your business is. Research shows that majority of customers enjoy buying through mobile apps than on websites because apps are faster.
- Give a talk: showing your interest to talk at an event could draw attention to you and raise people’s inquisitiveness to know more about what you do.
- Google alerts: activate Google alerts. This helps you get notified when your name or product is mentioned in any comment online .
- Stay online: to make good sales in your online business, you must endeavor to be online at all times. Maintain a stable online presence.
Selling online is not as bad as you thought, it just requires you putting a bit of your best to create awareness. I bet you have digested these to tips and plan to work towards them.
Bonus Point: If you want to go digital fast, whether you want to create a website for your business, or you want to start building your email list with email marketing in view, or you simply want to run a Facebook Ad that get results within minutes, you can reach out to us, and make your testimony happen fast!
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021