5 Effective Follow-Up Strategies That Will Automatically Increase Your Sales
Follow-up is one of the effective marketing tools a business can possess and this is because it helps connect you to your potential customers and establish the relationship between you and your customers. There is usually a ” 12 follow-up” rule which implies that you must make no fewer than twelve follow-ups, but this rule can get all disturbing to your customers which is why we have simplified in this article some simple follow-up strategies that would be helpful to you
You must know at this point that consistency in follow-up matters as you might not get your target results at a go, but you have to be consistent and persistent as this will keep you going in your business. Below are some strategies that will automatically increase your sales.
- Plan Your Follow-Up: to achieve great results in anything, you need to plan which is why you also need to plan your follow-up. Plan your follow-up strategies, work with time, know when exactly to send a follow-up message and also have a view of how your subscribers will receive them. Here is a 7-day tip from Olga:
Day 1 (right after getting the email address): the first welcoming follow up (gratitude for the interest to your store, brief business introduction, tempting welcome discount coupon)
Day 2: an appealing product selection from your store (best sellers of the week / new arrivals / trends of the season / items similar to the viewed or purchased ones) with product links
Day 3: some interesting facts about your products (buyers’ testimonials / industry secrets of the products manufacturing / unexpected ways to benefit from the products use) with product links
Day 5: special offer (creating a sense of urgency and differing from the first-time discount coupon)
Day 7: a preview of your valuable article from the in-store blog with the links to the related articles or products.
As you can see from the tips above that the sample consisting of five messages covers a seven days span. You could adopt this strategy for your follow-up too. By the way, if you do not want to use the strategy above, you could come up with your own strategies, just make sure they address crucial points.
- Pay Attention to The First Follow-Up E-mail: there is a need for you to pay rapt attention to the first follow-up email you send to customers as this speaks so much about your reputation and that of your business.
The first follow-up makes an introduction of you, it helps people to understand what to expect from you and it also helps you to highlight how many of their problems you can solve and also the benefits of your product, this why you need to pay attention to every detail while composing your follow-up message. So as to retain or create a confidence of your product in potential customers, you should endeavor to give them the information they were looking for on your store. For this reason, it is advisable to always create different follow-up sequences for the various actions taken in your store. As this will help you streamline your content. For instance, a follow-up message you will send after a customer has finished shopping should be different from the one you will send after a customer has just registered on your website, and also different from the one you will send after a customer has selected a cart. Have multiple messages composed to Auto-messaging for different purposes, but most of all, make sure you bring values to your readers or else they will regard your messages as being irrelevant and time consuming and might even ignore you in subsequent times.
Read Also: 6 Dangers in Underpricing Your Goods and Services
- Provide Customers’ Support: your product does not have all the answers to people’s questions, no matter how good it is and this is why you need to give ongoing customers’ support. This could be achieved by initializing conversation with your customers. By engaging in a two-way conversation with them, you can know their questions. To make things easier for you, set up a customer service team that will answer them promptly. You could continually cumulate the data and use them to clarify your sales process, FAQ creation and so on. Achieving this is no big deal, it could start with a “check-up email” or even a personal outreach will work the magic.
- Inspire Action and Offer Additional Support: sometimes, you need to go extra mile in achieving your best. Sometimes, composing emails alone might not be enough; you need to spice it all up. Some people get more inspired by hearing stories of others which is why you need to inspire Action. Share success stories and teachings through examples. You might want to share the experiences some people had with your product and how effectively it worked for them, or you might want to share some testimonies or positive reviews that was birthed through your product and you could even give a little but straightforward illustration by sighting examples or telling stories, this will surely improve the value of your product and increase profit. Furthermore, by giving additional supports to your customers, they will grow confident in you and wouldn’t want to look elsewhere. You could achieve this by giving info products. With email follow-up campaigns, you can upsell your customers with new products or events. Talk about natural steps from info products to your customers’ support goal and this will build you up as a premier provider.
5. Build a Tribe: there is a need for you to build a community of your own, since one of the aims of follow ups is to retain clients and this is why you should give your customers chances to engage. “If a follow-up campaign is a relationship-building tool, then you have to allow your clients to talk back and share their experience and results — ultimately becoming part of your tribe, either as an affiliate or raving fan. If you’ve completed the earlier steps, you’ve built up sufficient goodwill to ask for this favor” – Patrick Conley.
Follow-up is good for business, and with the right software in place, you don’t have to worry about composing and sending multiple messages. All can be automated to give you the best follow-up experience.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021