7 Great Apps that makes running business very easy and profitable
Current digital environment is very app-focused and reports have it that roughly 90% of mobile time is spent using apps. In 2020, mobile apps are projected to generate $581.9 billion in revenues via app stores and in-app advertising. So, that tells us, the business owners and entrepreneurs, that mobile apps are major tool of marketing and business growth in this current time in history.
Mobile applications are changing the face of business. They’re becoming more prevalent and more powerful, and most importantly, they can help your business run more smoothly. Want to improve daily operations? Organize your ideas? Manage travel expenses? There’s literally an app for that. Also, as a business owner, the more you can automate tasks, stay organized, and streamline your processes, the more efficient and productive your business will become. Thankfully, there are thousands of tools that are out there to help you simplify many of the processes in your business in a way that brings speed, profitability and productivity.
That is why in this article, I will be talking about the applications that can help you tremendously and make running your business very easy and profitable. Let’s dive right into it.
Stop guessing what your customers want, and ask them yourself. With SurveyMonkey, you can create surveys to measure user engagement and get anonymous customer feedback on your products, pricing, website, and any unmet needs of your target market.
Build simple or more complex surveys, and find tips on the SurveyMonkey website about question types and how to word them. Survey creation is collaborative, and results and reports can be viewed by different team members without sharing login information. With SurveyMonkey, you can do the following:
- Create surveys from a template and brand with your own business colors and logos
- Review survey results as they come in from any device
- Send your surveys out into the world via your website, email, social media accounts, and more.
Evernote is an app designed for note taking, organizing, task management, and archiving. It is developed by the Evernote Corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California. The app allows users to create notes, which can be text, drawings, photographs, audio, or saved web content. Notes are stored in notebooks and can be tagged, annotated, edited, searched, given attachments, and exported. Evernote is cross-platform, for Android, iOS, macOS, and Microsoft Windows. It is free to use with monthly usage limits, and offers paid plans for expanded or lifted limits. With Evernote, you can:
- Work anywhere – Keep important info handy by syncing your notes to all your devices.
- Capture what matters – Add text, images, audio, scans, PDFs, and documents to your notes.
- Your notes, your way – Express yourself with formatting tools that help you write how you think.
- Find things fast – Get what you need, when you need it. Search gives you results as you type.
Expensify is a software company that develops an expense management system for personal and business use. Expensify’s receipt-scanning and expense-tracking software automates expense management for all types of businesses, from small to large.
Expensify is perfect for bigger businesses but it’s a good fit for the smallest of small businesses too. It’s perfect for businesses with a handful of employees who don’t submit loads of expenses. And freelancers or solopreneurs who want easy expense reporting can benefit from Expensify too. Expensify’s expense management software was tailor-made for businesses that juggle dozens (or more) of expenses a month.
Read Also: 6 Steps to Effective Business Automation
If you know you waste too much time on digital distractions like Facebook, Twitter, or online shopping, RescueTime can hold you accountable. It breaks down where you spend your time by application and website and lets you set productivity goals. Waste less time and get more done with RescueTime, an outstanding time-management tool that provides intelligent insights into how you spend your days. RescueTime for Android is an automatic productivity and time tracker that helps you understand and control the time spent on your Android device. Get rich insights into how you spend your day, build better habits, and beat distractions. A premium version even lets you block certain sites, track offline activity, or set notifications – like if you’ve spent too much time on one activity, for instance. The basic version is free, while the premium version will cost you back about $9 a month.
Dropbox offers free cloud-based storage for personal use, with highly affordable options for commercial use. But sharing files via Dropbox comes with some interesting features, especially when large volumes of data are involved or when files are shared by many users.
Dropbox, and similar services offered by other websites, have made file sharing super simple for individuals and businesses, at an affordable price.
Dropbox offers three levels of accounts: Basic, Pro, and Business.
- The Basic account is free, which gives you 2 gigabytes (GB) of space. As you refer friends to Dropbox, which often happens when you share a link and your friends sign up, Dropbox automatically gives you more free space.
- The Pro account comes with 1 terabyte (TB) of space and costs $9.99/month. With Pro, you can recover files within 30 days of deletion or pay $3.99/month to recover deleted files up to 1 year later, and set shared links to expire in a number of days or on a certain date and manage permissions for shared folders.
- The Business account is geared for five or more users, costs $15/month per user and offers unlimited storage space. It also includes business-centric features like collaboration, encryption, unlimited file recovery and version history, the ability to track logins, remote wipe, account transfer, and a whole lot more.
As a small business owner, you’ve got a lot of things to do to get your hands full at every point in time. Upward sets out to make one of those tasks less painless: hiring. Whether your hiring needs are constant or sporadic, this app makes it quick and easy to post job listings, sort through applicants, and save and search resumes. Upward is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, create job alert emails, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly. Upward’s mission is to help both employers grow their business and employees grow their career.
The initial product was built to provide timely alerts to job seekers: send email, SMS and mobile app alerts to millions of active job seekers each month. Upward offers employers ultimate flexibility in how they choose to distribute their jobs and generate applicants across the 100+ sites in our job alert network. Employers can choose to have job seekers apply on Upward.net or drive traffic to their own website. In addition, they can also choose how they want to manage their budget allowing each employer to set minimum spends and start or stop their campaigns by location, position, brand or overall, at any time.
If you are a business owner with a team to manage and you want great collaboration within your organization, Basecamp is a great tool to help you. Basecamp gives team members a single view dashboard that has links to any given project. Files, tasks, milestone dates, along with a discussion front that lets you trade information and work through details. All conversations take place from within the project workspace. The app also takes care of scheduling and a calendaring feature while displaying non-project activities as well. Daily data backups are performed, along with SSL data encryption. If your mobile device does not natively support Basecamp, you can still use your phone’s browser to sign in to the Web portal.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023