Application Deadline: April 1st, 2020
Africa International PGR Scholarships 2020 Application is open to Africans.
Applications are invited from international students from Africa for three full scholarships to undertake a full-time PhD at King’s College London starting in 2020/21. Funding is available for up to 4 years.
- Open to residents of the following countries
Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Tanzania, Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo, Republic of, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic, Comoros, Chad, Central African Republic, Cap Verde, Cameroon, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
- Candidates must:
- Be African nationals and permanently resident in the relevant country
- Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate
- Plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2020-21 academic year (from October 2020 and by no later than July 2021)
- Plan to conduct research that is relevant to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines, as described below.
- Hold an admissions offer for an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s by 1 April 2020
- Apply for the scholarship by no later than 1 April 2020
- Existing doctoral degree students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to October 2020
Africa International PGR Scholarships 2020 covers:
- An annual stipend (living allowance) at the UKRI rate (for the year 2019-21, this was set at £17,009)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research Support Grant (up to £5k/year, depending on the faculty)
How To Apply
- 1. First, apply for admissions via the online admissions system and obtain an offer of a place by no later than 1 April 2020
- 2. Submit a separate online funding application to the Centre for Doctoral Studies by no later than 1 April 2020 – click here to access the online scholarship application form.
Only those who meet the eligibility criteria and who have applied in time for the scholarship will be considered.
For More Information Kindly Visit Africa International PGR Scholarships