APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu’s Biography, Networth, family life, achievements, and political ambitions
There are several notable figures in Nigeria’s political arena whose names are well-known throughout the entire nation. Several of them have gained notoriety for a variety of achievements as they have gone through life. Honorable Senator Abdullahi Adamu from Nasarawa State is one of the most notable figures in modern Nigeria. Senator Abdullahi Adamu possesses a number of noteworthy qualities that are beyond dispute, including valor, intelligence, dependability, integrity, selflessness, and conviction courage. These characteristics have distinguished him from his Senate colleagues, and the traits have won the hearts of his supporters both at home and throughout all of Nigeria. Because of his dependability and depth of knowledge, which he employs with remarkable insight, his political colleagues admire him.
Abdullahi Adamu’s Biography
The All Progressives Congress (APC)’s national chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, was born on July 23, 1946, in Keffi, Nasarawa State. He attended Keffi’s Abdu Zanga Primary School and finished in 1959 at Laminga Senior Primary School. Between 1960 and 1962, he attended the Government Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State, and from 1962 to 1965, he attended the Government Technical College in Bukuru, Plateau State. The Kaduna Polytechnic awarded Mr. Adamu both the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Building and Civil Engineering in 1968 and the Higher National Diploma in 1971. Before going back for his HND, he had worked as a maintenance supervisor at the National Electric Power Authority. Mr. Adamu worked in Kaduna for the Northern Nigeria Development Corporation (NDDC), before entering the private sector after graduating from college. In the consulting company AEK, he was promoted to Consultant Area Manager. He was chosen to serve as the Executive Secretary of the Benue-Plateau Construction Corporation, which is situated in Jos (BEPCO).
Adamu’s Political Ambition and Achievements
When Mr. Adamu, also known as “the Bridge,” was chosen to serve in the Constituent Assembly that created the 1979 Constitution, his political career officially got underway. He joined the defunct National Party of Nigeria (NPN), which was created from the political organization known as the National Movement, as a founding member at the start of the Second Republic. Nasarawa, his native state at the time, was a part of the previous Plateau State. Afterwards, he was chosen as the NPN’s secretary in Plateau State and then its chairman. After the Second Republic was overthrown in 1983, Mr. Adamu enrolled in a part-time law program at the University of Jos. By 1992, he had finished his education and enrolled in the Nigeria Law School, Lagos.
He was chosen to participate in the National Constitutional Conference in 1994, which was called by Sani Abacha’s military regime. Mr. Adamu was appointed the Minister of State for Works and Housing exactly one year later, in 1995. He held this office until November 17, 1997. He joined the defunct United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP), whose platform he hoped to compete on for the governorship of Nasarawa State, after the Abacha dictatorship relaxed the prohibition on politics. With Mr. Abacha’s passing in 1998, that process was cut short.
Mr. Adamu joined the Peoples Democratic Party as a founding member in 1999, after democracy had been restored in Nigeria (PDP). He ran for and was elected Nasarawa State’s governor. He served as governor from May 1999 to 2007 for eight years. Between 1999 to 2004, Mr. Adamu, who was the governor at the time, presided over the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF). The former governor was elected to the Senate on the PDP ticket in 2007, the year he left office, to represent Nasarawa West Senatorial District. He and 10 other PDP senators joined the APC on January 29, 2014. Mr. Adamu was chosen by the Senate to lead the committee that oversees agriculture. In addition, he served as the chairman of the Northern Senators Forum (NSF), which was disbanded in 2018 for alleged “financial mismanagement and maladministration,” according to a letter from the Forum’s then-spokesperson Dino Melaye that was read aloud on the Senate floor by Ike Ekweremadu at the time. Shehu Sani (Kaduna-APC), a forum participant, said that Mr. Adamu and other executive members squandered the group’s N70 million shortly after the announcement. The removal of Mr. Adamu as NSF chair was due to his leadership of nine other senators in opposing the Senate’s passage of the election sequence during the change to the Electoral Act, Mr. Adamu was required to explain.
Mr. Adamu has held the positions of Chairman of the Board of Directors and a Member of the Board of Directors of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) at various points in time. Senator Adamu was unanimously chosen to serve as the National Chairman of the APC during the party’s national convention, which was held at Eagle Square in Abuja on March 26, 2022. He has over 50 years of extensive political experience, serving in all levels and branches of government. He brings this knowledge to his new position. His goal is to transform the APC into a political force that can meet the needs and ambitions of all Nigerians.
Senator Abdullahi Adamu enjoys a variety of sports, but his favorites include football, hockey, cricket, lawn tennis, and squash. His interests include farming, music, and current affairs. He is a multifaceted individual who is a lawyer, engineer, technocrat, farmer, and skilled politician. With his wife Hajia Khadijat Abdullahi Adamu, Abdullahi Adamu has six children. He is a Muslim from Keffi in the state of Nasarawa.
Read Also: PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu’s Biography, Networth, family life, achievements, and political ambitions
Abdullahi Adamu, who earns the majority of his income as a politician, is thought to have a net worth of $5 million as of January 9, 2023.
Awards and Recognitions
Abdullahi Adamu had been conferred with numerous awards. These awards include the following:
- Special Merit Award as Distinguished Personality by the Students Union Government, University of Lagos
- National Association of Nigeria Students National Merit Award for contribution to the development of Education in Nigeria
- Award of Excellency by Current Affairs Association of Nigeria
- Distinguished Merit Award of Achievement by South-South Students congress of the College of Arts, Science and Technology, Keffi
- Award of Excellence in Governance by the National Union of Benue State Students
- Makurdi Old Boys Association distinguished award in recognition of leadership qualities
- Award of honour by NTA TV guide fans club, College of Education Akwanga
- Merit Award for the worthy contribution made towards the advancement of the Police Force and safety of lives and properties of the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Aminu Kano International Award for Exemplary Leadership
- Fellowship Award in recognition of meritorious contribution to Education by the Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Visitor, Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Ahmadu Bello University National Alumni Association Distinguished Merit Award
- Award of the Fellow of the Nigeria Academy of Education (FNAE), 2001
- Honourary Fellowship of the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, 2003
- Chairman, Presidential Committee on the Practice of Citizenship and Constitutional rights in Nigeria, 2001/02
- Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dairy and Fruit Juice development in Nigeria 2004 to date.
- Served as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (Governor-General) from 1999 to 2004
- Award of Excellence by Nigerian Institute of Physics, 2004.
- Distinguished Award of the National Democratic Youth of Nigeria
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.
Or send a WhatsApp message or email us either at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023