Apply for AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme 2019
Deadline: August 1, 2019.
Do you want to work to advance the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals? Do you want to fight poverty and ensure sustainable development? Do you want to lead change and develop your skills to do so? If so, we invite you to apply to the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme – a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
This exciting partnership aims to build a new generation of young African women leaders and experts to serve Africa and the world in designing and implementing development programmes in the context of the SDGs and Agenda 2063. They are looking for 20 young African women who are ready to take up a fellowship assignment for 12 months starting from October 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office. Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the supervision and coaching of an experienced UNDP people manager and will participate in a mentorship and transformative leadership development training programme jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
Key areas of work relate to supporting:
- collection and analysis of information on SDGs and Agenda 2063
- SDG implementation and experimentation
- promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilisation that accelerate UNDP’s programme implementation
- The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
To be considered for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- National of an AU Member State
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
- Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management
- Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship programme and available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
- Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analysing and identifying key issues and solutions
- initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
- experience in developing technical proposals
- leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts
The deadline for applications is 1 August 2019.
Your application must be in English and must include include the following (to be scanned and uploaded as one document):
- A detailed CV
- A one page motivation letter highlighting why you would be an outstanding candidate, your strengths and how your participation in the Programme would contribute to your future career
- A short essay of not more than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your innovative solution to a complex development problem – youth unemployment. Describe the nature of the problem, what are the underlying causes, who is responsible for solving this problem, what your innovative solution is and how you would implement it.
- Copies of your academic degrees
- 2 professional references
Applications which do not include the above documents will not be taken into consideration.
For more info visit AUC-UNDP
- Top warehouse locations in Sharjah - January 26, 2023
- An Advanced Guide for Those Looking to Invest in Cryptocurrency - January 24, 2023
- Business Opportunity Recommended for 2023 that will make you millions in Nigeria - January 16, 2023