Arthur Eze: Biography, Networth, family life, achievements
In 1948, on November 27, Prince Arthur Eze was born. He was born in the Nigerian hamlet of Ukpo, which is part of the Dunukofia Local Government. He founded and serves as chairman of Atlas Petroleum International Ltd. He is a Nigerian business entrepreneur. With a net worth of more than $5.8 billion, he is regarded as Africa’s eighth richest person.
In the Nigerian state of Anambra, Ukpo village in the Dunukofia Local Government Area, Prince Arthur Eze was born on November 27, 1948. His older brother, who also hails from a royal lineage, is the Ukpo village’s traditional chief. After completing his secondary education at St. Augustine Secondary School in Nkwere, Imo State, he travelled to the United States and spent the years 1974–1978 studying mechanical and chemical engineering at California State University, Long Beach.
Arthur Eze’s Career
In 1979, Prince Arthur Eze established Atlas Oranto Petroleum, a company that focuses on oil production and exploration in Africa, to begin his business career. Currently, the business holds 22 oil and gas licenses spanning 12 different African countries, including Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, and Benin. The corporation owns billions of dollars’ worth of assets and is the biggest holder of oil exploration blocks in Africa.
Triax Airlines was founded in 1992 by Prince Arthur Eze and was based at Enugu Airport. It operated three Boeing 727s until it went out of business in 2000. He also has holdings in other industries, including banking, real estate, agriculture, telecommunications, and the media.
Politics and Philanthropy
A well-known political personality in Nigeria, Prince Arthur Eze has contributed significantly to and supported numerous political parties and politicians throughout the years. He is particularly well-known for his close ties to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), to whose campaigns he has donated millions of dollars. He is regarded as a godfather in Anambra politics and played a role in the ascension of a number of the state’s governors and senators.
In addition, Prince Arthur Eze is a prolific philanthropist who has contributed millions of dollars to a range of causes, including religion, infrastructure, health, and education. In Nigeria and Africa, he has constructed churches, schools, hospitals, roads, and bridges. Additionally, he has contributed to charities run by the Red Cross, UNICEF, and Rotary International. He has funded numerous scholarships, empowerment programs, and skill-acquisition initiatives for the women and youth in his community since he is especially dedicated to empowering them.
Arthur Eze’s Personal Life
Prince Arthur Eze has a wife and children. The Prince Osisioma Foundation, a non-governmental organization with an emphasis on youth empowerment, education, health, and community development, was founded and is led by one of his sons, Prince Onyeka Eze. Prince Arthur Eze leads an opulent lifestyle and amasses a number of estates, vehicles, and private aircraft. He attends the Anglican Church and is a devoted Christian.
Arthur Eze’s Businesses & Companies
Due to his ownership of prestigious companies in the oil, aviation, beverage, and construction industries, Arthur Eze is one of Nigeria’s wealthiest billionaires.
The philanthropist founded and serves as chairman of numerous business empires and organizations.
The businesses that Arthur Eze created or now serves as chairman of are listed below:
- Oranto Petroleum and Atlas International Petroleum
Arthur Eze is the owner and manager of these two significant oil firms.
These two oil corporations own 22 oil and gas licenses across 12 jurisdictions and have significant investments in both the upstream and downstream gas industries in Africa.
These Arthur Eze oil firms have assets in a number of African nations, including Nigeria, Liberia, Guinea, the Gambia, Sudan, Senegal, Séo Tomé and Principe, among others.
According to the area, the two companies are thought to be Africa’s largest indigenous explorers.
- Onitsha’s Premier Breweries Plc.
Also, he is the owner of Premier Breweries Plc, a Nigerian beverage company with its main office in Onitsha, Anambra state.
Even if production has decreased, the company’s board is aiming to transform the beverage industry.
- Triax Airlines
In addition, Arthur used to own Triax Airlines, one of Nigeria’s most well-known airlines, which he founded in 1992.
The airline is currently grounded, but according to unnamed sources, efforts are being made to reform and revive it.
- Leading Federal Government contractor
During our study, we also discovered that the millionaire prince, Engr. Arthur Eze, is also a very reputable and trusted federal government contractor in Nigeria because he has completed multiple projects for the government.
Arthur Eze’s Charitable Act
In Nigeria, Arthur Eze has taken part in some of the largest charitable endeavors.
Many educational and religious institutions have been founded by him. Several students benefit from Ozoigbondu’s scholarship programs as well.
The following is a list of some of Prince Arthur Eze’s other significant charitable deeds:
- Donated $800,000 to help Boko Haram insurgency victims in need of relief.
- Gave N5 million to the Association of People Living with Sickle Cell Disease (APLSCD) to help with the cost of building a sickle cell clinic at the Ukpo.
- Donated N10 million to the village of Ukpo’s elderly.
- Donated $800,000 to help the towns of Yirol and Rumbek in central South Sudan build two elementary schools.
- For the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, a medical research facility was established entirely by him.
- Communal market was rebuilt close to the Ukpo palace.
- Constructed road networks connecting the nearby towns of Abba, Awkuzu, Fite-Dunu, and Abagana in the Dunukofia LGA.
- Stephen’s Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Center in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, Nigeria received a $12 million donation in 2013.
- A church in Abagana received a donation of N20 million for church structure renovation and musical equipment purchases.
- Donated $6.3 million to help with the flood assistance in Nigeria in 2013.
- Among the entire monies raised for the FIFA World Cup “Russia 2018,” Arthur Eze gave 25 million naira.
Arthur Eze’s Net Worth
According to Forbes magazine, Prince Arthur Eze is one of the wealthiest men in Nigeria and Africa with an estimated net worth of $5.8 billion. Some media sites list him as one of the most powerful individuals in Africa.
Awards & Recognition
Prince Arthur Eze has received accolades for his work to advance the economy on many occasions, including:
- For his contributions to the growth of the country’s economy, the former president Goodluck Jonathan bestowed upon him the title of “Officer of the Federal Republic (OFR)”.
- The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dr. Umahi, nominated him Chancellor of the Ebonyi State University.
- The Rotary District 9142 of Enugu City Centre recognized him as a “Outstanding Citizen of the World” in 2015.
- 2018’s Zik Leadership Awards in the business category recognized him.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.