Companies Seeking for Distributors in Nigeria
The distribution business is one of the earliest businesses known to man. In its crudest form, it involves making goods available to the consumer. No doubt it has always been a lucrative business all around the world – Nigeria inclusive. Being a distributor is one of the jobs that not only makes you self-employed but also makes you an employer of labor. Believe me; there is nothing sweeter than being your own boss!
Nigeria is filled with a lot of distribution business opportunities. There are more companies than you can count that need distributors nationwide, but how many are worthy of your trust? Just for you, here are the top companies currently and actively seeking distributors in Nigeria. I have grouped these companies by the products they offer to distributors in Nigeria.
Without further ado, here they are:
- FMCG companies:
Fast Moving Consumer Goods are perhaps the set of companies with the largest number of distributors. Even with the thousands of distributors spread nationwide, FMCG companies still need more distributors to penetrate their target base further and explore new markets. The main duty of FMCG’s distributors is to make consumer goods available to consumers in need.
To become a distributor, you will need to contact the companies to distribute their product. To get enlisted, you might need to visit the depot, manufacturing factory, plant, or the company’s branch office close to you. You will have to meet some requirements (which depend on the product and company) before you can become a valid distributor. You will also have to buy or deposit a minimum amount for the stocks you would be distributing (this also varies from company to company). Prominent FMCG companies include Procter and Gamble, Unilever, Nestle, and Dangote. You can be a distributor for CloseUp, Noodles, Milo, Semovita, Bournvita, Chivita, and other beverages.
With billions of litters per day, Nigeria is one of the top consumers of beer in Africa. There are millions of beer distributors in Nigeria covering both wholesale and retail of beers and associated drinks. However, there is still room for distributors to aid in the distribution of these products to the nooks and crannies of the nation. The supply is mainly to the bars, beer parlors, events centers, clubs, game centers, and other hospitality centers.
To start distribution for beer-producing companies, you will need startup capital. The capital depends on your capacity as you only need a sizeable capital, not necessarily a huge amount. Once you have a market (a couple of bars, clubs, and the likes), you can start and then extend your distributorship to others as you grow your customer base. You will need at least a vehicle to start your distribution. You can buy or rent a vehicle to help you deliver your stock to your customers.
Top beer production firms include Guinness, Heineken trophy, Star, Gulder, and Hero. These and others are on the constant lookout for distributors to help broaden their sales horizons.
- Instant noodles:
Instant noodles are one of the most widely consumed products in Nigeria. It is quite popular with both adults and children for different reasons. One such reason is the simplicity of cooking, and as the name implies, it doesn’t take much time to cook. Most Nigerian would rather take noodles as fast food instead of snacks. For this reason, noodles are always in demand.
To become a distributor for any of the instant noodles companies, you would need a sizable capital. This is because you have to fulfill some basic requirements while distributing food. You will need a good storage unit (warehouse or store of some sort). You will also need to acquire vehicles (rent or own) to help you reach your customers. You will need to pay in full or deposit a part payment before the stock is released to you.
You can partner with companies such as Honeywell, Dangote, Indofood, and Dufil Prima Foods. Most of these companies sell in stock at a discount price.
READ ALSO: HOW TO START A CEMENT BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
- International franchise:
Being a distributor in Nigeria is not only limited to local companies or products. You can be a licensed distributor to international organizations. While the business itself is not new, there are new opportunities and products to distribute daily. You can set up a distributorship business under any of the established platforms.
If you are interested in the distribution of Auto parts and batteries, you can join A-Map. If you are into batteries and tires, Zafco is a great option for you. Evergrow international deals in stationery and electronics, while KEMO deals with the distribution of Beauty Products.
Other distributorship opportunities are:
- Water distribution: you can become a distributor for sachet water produced in your locality or bottled water such as CWAY Table Water, Eva Table Water, Nestle Bottle Water, Ragolis Bottle Water, and SWAN Table Water. The companies include CWAY, Aquapac Limited, 7up, and Nigerian brewery.
- Drugs: you can become a distributor of Fidson Healthcare plc, Chris Ejik Pharmaceuticals & Drug Co. Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Klat Pharmaceutical Co., Maydon Pharmaceuticals Limited, Famzy Nigeria Limited, and Pharma Deko Plc.
Now that you know the companies seeking distributorship in Nigeria, here are a few things to note as you start your journey as a distributor.
- Niche: You must select an area of specialization. This will help you focus your energy on this niche.
- Training: You need to develop the required skills by undergoing training and skill acquisition. Develop skills that are relevant to the distributorship business you want to start.
- Market: You need to get a target market i.e., people or organizations that will buy from you.
- Plan: Planning is essential if you want to succeed. You have to develop a concrete business plan as you would any other business.
- Logistics and warehouse: You will need vehicles to transfer stock and a warehouse to store the stock. These are essential for your operation.
- Supplier: You will have to contact a supplier, either the manufacturer or an authorized bulk supplier.
- Agents: As a distributor, you will need extra hands to help with the delivery of the stock.
- Customer: your end game is to deliver the stock to the customer. To flourish as a distributor, you need to build and maintain a good customer relationship.
There you go! All that is left is for you is to take a bold step. I know you are going to excel as a distributor! Good luck!
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.