How to Apply for Grant Opportunities
How to Apply for Grant Opportunities
Have you just been presented with the long awaited grant opportunity, with its deadline coming to an end soon and you are now concerned about how to apply for the grant. Worry less, I’m here to present to you different steps you need to take in order to get qualified for the grant.
- ELIGIBILITY STATUS: You have to know if you are eligible for the grant at first because there are various grant opportunities available but each one of them has its own requirement. This means that one question you must ask yourself is that, are you eligible for any of the grant? A grant provided for organizations has its own requirements too which cannot be overlooked. For a non-profit organization, your proof of the non-profit status is always required and this means that you will have to present the requirement with a letter and you should know that without the requirement, you don’t seem eligible for the grant. The question of your eligibility might seem though but it is really a major and important question you should be able to answer when the need arises. There are lots and lots of grants that are made available at each season in which you must have an adequate idea of what each of the grants entails and this brings me to the next point here.
- RESEARCH: It is usually advisable to have your research done before getting to know any other thing but sometimes you getting to know your eligibility status at the beginning are very important too. Your research should be based on what the grant entails, why the grant is made available, the purpose of the grant, the duration of the grant , who the grant is meant for, how to apply for the grant, what organization is behind the scheme of the grant, if the grant was made for entrepreneurs or company’s or non- governmental bodies. Knowing all of these will help you give a foresight of what the grant entails and how to benefit from it. Research will also help you to now the organizations that has been partakers of the grant in time past and this will definitely help you to ask for tops about how they got the grant and much more.
- REASONS FOR THE GRANT: There is always an important reason why you want to apply for a grant. You must be able to state the reasons you need the grant so badly as this will appear while writing your grant proposals. One this about applying for a grant is the fact that you will need to outline your reasons for applying in the grant proposal and such reasons should be very cogent and clear because this will also tell if your application will be granted or not. Stating a very strong and appealing reason will help show that you are really concerned about the grant. Identify with a project that the grant is needed for and make sure the project is on that will help the community. Another reason you need to state the why for the grant is so that you will be able to review your budget and have a strategic plan on how to run with the purpose which the grant is needed. You should also state the problem you will be solving with the help of the grant because all of these will help you to pitch for the grant so well.
Read Also: How to Write Grant Proposal
- WRITE A PROPOSAL: After discovering the purpose of applying for the grant, then writing a proposal is the next thing to do. When writing a proposal you should make sure that you introduce yourself properly or your organization then you should proceed to telling the reasons you need the grant and how you want to execute your project. You also state the budget and time frame of your project as this will help your funder in making a decision in your favour. One other thing you should include in your proposal is the number of persons you will be working with for the full realization of your project and do not forget to outline the vision, mission and objectives of your project. You should also identify with the inputs, resources and barriers to meeting the project. Do not forget to outline the activities that will be involved during the execution of your project. However, explaining the intended effect or outcome of your project should not be left out, tell the changes the project will cause to people and its immediate environments.
Also, do not forget to include the time duration at which your project will take before it’s been fully achieved, doing this will show case a very good sense of responsibility. Explaining all of these in your proposal will definitely attract the attention of your funder to your proposal as the interest to work with you or your organization will arise.
- KEEP APPLYING: DO not be tired of applying for a grant over and over again but keep at it till you are being accepted. You should have continuous efforts to diversify the types of funding and types of funders that support your work. Don’t wait to hear about one application before sending another one. Consistency goes a long way in what you do.
Before rounding up with this article, I will like to give you tips on how to draft your application letter:
- Cover Letter: All important information should be included in the cover letter including the necessary documents that will be attached to the application.
- Proposal Summary: The summary should not be more than one page and you can go ahead by including the names of executives that will be involved in running the proposed project. The summary should be very clear and articulate.
- Body of Proposal: Telling a story in your proposal is really not a bad idea as it helps to enhance and bring out the major point in your proposal. Make sure your proposal is well detailed enough that the funder is able to grasp every information
- Organization Capacity: Describing the capacity of the organization and giving a quick overview of the organization will also be of help. Talking about the organization’s growth and how long it has existed including the feats and achievement he has attained since existence. Describing the organization’s asset will also help to give an overview of how much the organization is worth.
- Sustainability Of The Project: Creating a long lasting plan that will help to sustain the project even after the grant has been spent will be of a huge help because this will help to fore see the life span of the project and also it will help create a very good impression to your funder as it will tell them about the fact that they are making the right choice by giving you or the your organization the grant.
All of the tips above will be of huge help in writing your application letter. Do not forget to review your proposal over and over again before submitting. Wish you luck!
If you need a service of a Professional Business plan writer, then Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub is the place to go Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send an email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business plan problems.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problems.