How to become a digital marketing expert in Nigeria A lot of people are taking steps to learn more about digital marketing. This is because there is a whole lot more to it than traditional marketing, and most of it is done in-house. This means that businesses are looking to hire experts in this field, and as more people turn to the Internet to shop, digital marketing skills are going to be in greater demand. To become an expert in digital marketing, you don’t necessarily have to take a four-year business degree program. There are other ways to get the knowledge you need to become a self-made, digital marketing expert. If you are interested in learning how you can do this, let’s get started right now.
What do you know?
Before you can dive right into the world of digital marketing, you need to know its various components. For instance, content marketing is involved, but there is so much more than that. You will need to learn about search engine optimization (SEO), paid searches (PPC), email marketing, social media marketing, digital display marketing, web analytics and reporting, and mobile marketing.
The best way to learn about all of these components is to jump right in and start doing it. You don’t need a lot to get started, just a computer, an Internet connection, and a little bit of money, and then you can start to create your own mini-project, and learn as you go. Even with just an hour each day, at the end of a month, you will be pretty well-versed in the art of digital marketing.
- Find something you are passionate about, and start blogging about it. This will cost about N50k per year for a domain and host.
- Get to know SEO and write blog articles that are SEO optimized.
- Install Google Analytics so you can monitor the traffic to your blog.
- Get an Adwords account , and find out what keywords people are searching online, and use those keywords in your blog.
- Keep writing and publishing your blog articles, and using SEO in each article.
- Start a Facebook page specifically for your blog that is separate from your personal page. Make sure your articles are on the Facebook page as well as your blog page.
- Promote your page through Facebook advertising, which you can do for as little as $10.
- Make sure your blog has an option to like and share on Facebook, and embed social sharing, which you can do through WordPress plugins for free.
- Sign up for Aweber, MailChimp, or another email marketing service.
- Get subscribers by embedding email signup forms right in your blog. Once you have subscribers, be sure to email them each time you publish something new.
- Use email marketing to promote your Facebook page, which is going to help you to get even more email subscribers.
- Use Adwords to promote your blog. You can start with low CPC bids, and new accounts often get a free, $100 credit to use for promotion.
- Get Google Adsense and learn about how to use advertising codes within your blog.
- Make your blog one that is easy to use on mobile devices, and use Adwords to create special mobile.
Social media is the best place to start if you’re interested in learning more about digital marketing. After all, it is one of the main marketing channels available to digital marketers and you’re already familiar with the way it works.
Your first step is to find and follow as many marketing experts as you can. A quick search will point you in the right direction. People like Gary Vaynerchuk, Casey Neistat, and Mark Zuckerberg all offer inspirational insight into the world of digital marketing in a way that is easy to digest.
Plus, they’re all experts in different platforms, dishing out free advice, opinion, and insight.
They generate digestible content that introduces you to the core concepts driving ongoing digital marketing growth. Getting insight from the people who define the industry is an ideal start if you are starting to figure things out.
Surround yourself with people more talented than yourself. The people you meet will be your ongoing support network when you run into problems, as well as help to open doors to opportunities you might not have otherwise found.
Attend industry meetups and conferences in your area to nurture relationships with other digital marketers and enhance your skill set through in-depth workshops and presentations.
Take a course
you may want to consider taking an online course in digital marketing. There are several advantages to taking online courses, including:
- Google Online Marketing Challenge
- Worldstreams PPC University
- Simplilearn’s Full Stack Digital Marketer Masters Program
- You will see a lot of sites offering free courses and workshops . Are these worth your time? Yes, they are! In fact, you may actually get more out of a free course than you would from a paid one. What you need to do is research the various courses available, and decide which one fits your needs.
If you are interested in learning the industry, it’s essential that you commit to finding the knowledge that you’re looking for.
Most businesses in the digital marketing space pride themselves on being thought leaders, and are constantly releasing white papers, eBooks, and presentations packed full of information. Keep an eye on digital marketing and media agencies in your area for these pieces of guidance. Again, these are often released on social media, so do your best to track down these resources.
Offer Your Services for Free
There are plenty of startups and non-profits that could really use the help of a digital marketing expert, but they don’t have the budgets to hire one. This is where you come in. Offer your services for free. Sure, you may not be making any money, but you will be gaining valuable experience and knowledge that you can take away with you, and that will help you to find work in this field because you are experienced. You benefit from this experience and the organization you are helping benefits by getting the service they need without having to pay for it.
Did this help?
If you need more information or would like to book a consulting session with us, you can contact any of our business consultant on on 08105636015 or 08076359735. Alternatively, you can send a mail to email@example.com
- Top 10 Online Savings And Investment Platform In Nigeria - October 8, 2020
- Top 7 Essential Business Management Skills Every Business Owner Must Possess - October 8, 2020
- Simple IT Tools To Rapidly Grow Your School - October 8, 2020