How To Become A Highly Paid Business Plan Writing Consultant
We are living in an age where certain skills have become useless to the people who possess them. The global breakthrough in Information Technology has transformed the global workplace. While many new opportunities were opened up, it is sad to know that countless people lost their jobs as those jobs have now been rendered, “of-no-use” by the technological advances the world has witnessed.
For instance, look at the transformation that has happened in the world of internet service over the last 15 or 20 years. Back in the days of Cyber Cafés, it was the hot business of 15 years or so backward in history. Anyone who owned a Cyber Café at that time was naturally a rich person, especially if you had it in densely populated areas where there were a lot of youths. Sad to say, you can hardly see any Cyber Café along our streets today. Why? IT has revolutionized the way we use the internet, using our phones and portable modems – with cheaper, faster and better internet than what the Cyber Cafés offered.
That is not the only example. Several other jobs have been closed down because of the same reason. Meanwhile, the same reason why some businesses are closing out has given rise and popularity to some other job roles and functions which are in serious demand today, and are not about to fizzle out anytime soon. One of those skills is writing.
Today, there are all kinds of writings that have become actual jobs for many people today. Many of these jobs, although existed, weren’t so popular few decades back. I’ll be showing how to become a business plan writing consultant and I’ll also show you a few reasons why you should consider it.
What is a business plan?
A business plan is an important document which serves as a road map for both a new business as well as an existing business that plans to change its most fundamental concept and direction. For a business plan to be actionable and useful, it should contain well-researched marketing, financial and operational information that achieve the objectives of the business. A business plan is important for anyone who plans to achieve a long-term success in business – and this is because of many reasons. For instance, a bank or any other financial institution would never give out a business loan to a business that has no business plan. Investors who are looking for businesses to invest in will never put money into a business that has no plan, no matter how great the business idea sounds. Grant-giving organizations won’t give money to a business that has no clear-cut plan for success and sustainability – and many other reasons are there.
Because of the delicate nature of business plan writing, a lot of startup businesses and even established businesses would always prefer to hire a professional business plan writer to write their business plans.
Why is business plan important?
- A business plans is a document which is necessary for raising capital from investors, bankers and other types lenders. Without it, businesses and entrepreneurs would find it difficult accessing funds from financial institutions and investors. If you become a business plan writing consultant and you can write good business plans, it means you would have possessed the skills that will enable you to help many business owners secure funding for their businesses. And when you have what it takes to help businesses in this way, you have become an important person who cannot be relegated to the background as people will always need your assistance and they will look for you. I mean, which business owner is out there that doesn’t need money? Most of them are looking for money and they will stop at nothing to reward anyone who is helping them to achieve their financial goals
- Not only does a business plan provide information to lenders and prospective investors and reveals an evaluation of a business’s feasibility, it also reflects the ability of the business owner (who is supposed to be the writer of the business plan) to manage the business successfully.
- A business plan also spells out the entire operation plan on which a company will run. This happens to be the most important purpose of a business plan because it will serve as an important blueprint that directs an entrepreneur, and enables a business owner to achieve the business goals which he/she had set from the onset. If you become a business plan writing consultant, you will be able to help many businesses structure their business operations, which most business owners do not know how to do despite their brilliant business ideas. If you become a business plan writing consultant and you have the ability to solve this problem for entrepreneurs in their businesses, you will be handsomely rewarded financially and in other forms.
- Good business plans are business plans which are comprehensive, well-thought-out, and provide the basis for business owners to make sound business decisions. If you become a business plan writing consultant, you can help business owners make correct decisions that lead to profitability in their business and you can be sure that helping businesses to achieve their goals puts you in a strategic position for financial rewards.
Why should you become a business plan writing consultant?
- Business plan writing is a home-based or remote business that is recession-proof because so many people are looking to start a new business or raise funds for a new idea. Being a business plan writing consultant is a rewarding job that will challenge you to think creatively and solve problems for others and get pain in return. If you become a business plan writing consultant, it affords opportunities for you to learn new things about financing, organizational development and the fundamentals of business.
- Businesses looking for money need to present their research-based strategies to investors and lenders in clear and concise writing. Such information is detailed in business plans, which business owners can write themselves or have written by specialists. Business plan consultants specialize in this particular type of writing.
- As a business plan writer, you will work one-on-one with entrepreneurs who have great ideas that need to be organized into a strategic plan, and with the advances in technology and the internet, you don’t need to be located in the same state or country as your prospective clients. You can start your home-based business and work remotely with aspiring entrepreneurs all anywhere in the world!
How To Become A Highly Paid Business Plan Writing Consultant
- Develop your writing skills
- Polish your grammar
- Read a lot about business-related stuff
- Be mentored or trained by a practicing professional consultant
- Learn copywriting
- Begin by writing free business plans for people who are close to you. This will help you sharpen your business plan writing skills. It is not wisdom charging people on a skill you are yet to perfect. If you charge and the job is not well done because of your limited experience and newness in the field, the client won’t think of excusing or exonerating you on those grounds. However, if you do it free and any mistake occurs, you can learn from such mistakes without necessarily being punished for it. In fact, the person is more likely to focus more on the areas you did well and ignore the mistake, which is easy for him to do since he paid no dime.
- Let your mentor/trainer comment on each plan you write and point your attention to what you must improve upon
- Let your mentor tell you when it is okay to start charging.
- Always keep learning and keep giving room for improvements.
Watch this video on How to write business plan training Course
Read Also: 1. Professional-Business-Plan-Writers-in-Nigeria
If you need a service of a Professional Business plan writers in Nigeria, then Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub is the place to go Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send an email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business plan problems.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problems.