HOW TO START A FASHION DESIGNER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
How To Start A Fashion Designer Business In Nigeria
Fashion design business is a highly profitable business where you can make up to N100,000 or more on a weekly basis. So, if you are blessed with the talent of designing clothes, you can take it up from there. Currently, the fashion industry has such a huge scope for growth. According to an estimate, the global apparel market alone is worth 3 trillion dollars and it is growing by 2% annually. It is clear from this stats that the demand for fashion design business is ever increasing, you want to create a profitable niche for yourself immediately.
Skills needed to start up a fashion design business in Nigeria
Here are some important skills you need to possess for your fashion design business to succeed.
- Good managerial skills
- Creative skills
- Marketing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management skills
All of these skills are necessary if you want to get to the peak of your fashion career.
To start a fashion design business, you must be prepared to think and act like an entrepreneur.
Follow this step by step guide to launch your fashion design business in Nigeria;
- Write a business plan
The prerequisite to starting a lasting business is planning for it. Don’t flow with the Nigerian convention and just summarily plunge into your business without preparing a business plan. That’s a terrible mistake. Don’t do it. If you don’t know how to prepare a business plan, you could always outsource this to business consultants to do.
Having a good business plan can be the difference between your business’s success or failure.
To get a well-written business plan by professionals, send a direct mail to email@example.com or call 08105636015 or 08076359735.
- Know your target market
Without knowing your target customers or clients, you simply cannot move forward with your business plans. Who precisely are your customers? Do some research to know what trends of colors, styles, designs, etc that people like these days. What is the purchasing capacity of your customers? You should be able to satisfactorily provide answers to these questions. This will help you to focus your marketing strategy on attracting the exact clientele you want.
- Have an official website
People search the internet a lot these days to source for choice products or services. Get your target audience to see your business by putting up an official website. Do this before you officially launch your business, it’s better to create awareness for your business before you get it off the ground. We can help you set up one. Contact Us Today!
- Your capital requirements
With a sum of N500,000 you should be able to start up a fashion design business and grow it to a bigger outfit. This money should cover rent, labour and the acquisition of equipments needed to startup.
- Materials and equipments needed
Here are the basic materials and equipments needed to start up a small fashion design business;
- Sewing machine. You will need a complete set of sewing machine
- Weaving machine. This machine is used as a finishing instrument to make your work much neater
- Embroidery machine. This machine is used to make designs on clothes
- Furniture. Furniture fittings will be required for sitting and also work tables
- Sewing materials. Sewing materials like thread, pins, tape rule, needle, scissors etc have to be purchased.
- Generator set. A generator set should be purchased to help power your equipments when power goes out
- Pressing irons. These will also be required for straightening of clothes.
PROMO ENDS IN 3DAYS: How to write a Business Plan and Make Money From it – Training Course [with over N650k Bonus Training Materials] Just for N10,000 (INSTANT DOWNLOAD)
- Have a vision for brand identity.
You should have a vision for the advancement of your business so that you can work with that. This will help you in building a brand identity that is different and unique from your competitors.
7. Profitability of fashion design business
The profit margin in the fashion design business usually depends on the fashion designer. So you get to set your own prices, however, you should work with what is generally charged and acceptable.
On the whole, your profit depends on the number of jobs you get per day and the number of jobs you can deliver on a daily basis. For this reason, it is recommended that you seek to hire as much labour as possible for a smoother running of your business.
Did you enjoy this post?
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021