How to turn on RCS messaging in Google Messages on Android Devices
RCS messaging (rich communication services) is a good example of how not every major smartphone advancement is hardware-based or flashy. RCS messaging is everything from boring, despite the fundamental idea. RCS messaging transforms your text messages into a high-powered chat app, complete with read receipts, real-time reply to indicators, and interactive media, replacing the obsolete SMS-powered text messaging we’ve been using since the 1990s.
RCS has been in the developmental phase for a while, but it’s finally made its way to Android. In late 2019, Google pushed up RCS capability for its Google Messages app, first available as an exploit. However, it isn’t switched on by default, so you’ll have to fiddle with it to get it to work correctly. While these functionalities are only available if you and your receiver have RCS turned on, it’s still worth turning on the off chance. This article will show you how to enable RCS in Google Messages.
HOW TO PREPARE
You’ll need to follow a few procedures to enable RCS messaging, but it’s vital to remember the precise requirements. RCS must be available in your location, and your carrier must support it, however, bear in mind that to access the new chat features, RCS will require your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. More tips and tricks for your iOS and Android devices are available on our website techwhoop.com They won’t work without a data connection. If your phone is unable to establish a link, it will revert to SMS messaging. It’s not a big deal, but if you don’t have an unlimited plan, it’s something to consider.
If your default settings aren’t what you want, head to the Settings app,
then Applications and notifications > Advanced > Default apps > SMS app.
Then, as your default messaging program, choose Messages. If you don’t already have it, go to the Play Store, and get the Messages app. When you launch it, it will prompt you to make it your default messaging app.
HOW TO ACTIVATE RCS
- ·Turn your Wi-Fi off. (According to most reports, this can obstruct the procedure.)
- · Launch Activity Launcher. Select Messages from the list of apps by scrolling down. A drop-down menu will appear because of this.
- · Choose “Set RCS Flags” from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- · Look for and pick “Set ACS URL” (that should be the first option).
- · Select the option that says “http://rcs-acs-prod-us.sandbox.google.com.”
- · Now, you must force close the Messages app by tapping “Apply.”
- · If everything went smoothly, a little window would appear at the bottom of the screen inviting you to upgrade the program.
- · Select “Upgrade Now” from the drop-down menu. You’ll see a welcome message, and the app will be upgraded in a minute or two.
- · If everything worked, the word “Connected” should appear next to the Status setting.
IF IT DOESN’T ALWAYS WORK THE FIRST TIME YOU TRY IT
There could be a variety of reasons why it doesn’t function. You may have to try again. Carrier Services is a Google app that you might be missing. (If this app isn’t in your apps drawer, scroll through all the apps in the “Apps & notifications” area of your settings; if it’s not there, you may download it from the Play Store.) RCS Messaging can be switched on by a variety of methods. If you use a virtual phone number (such as Google Voice or Hushed), you will be prone to morehave issues.
You may disable call sending and receiving by going to Google Voice. Then, in your phone’s Carrier Services app, go to “Storage & cache” and touch “Clear storage” and “Clear cache” to delete all of your data.
Then went back to Activity Launcher and reset both the ACS Url and the OTP Pattern, after which I force-closed and reopened Messages. (You’ll be able to renew your Google Voice number after that.)
After completing those steps, you’ll see a prompt similar to the one above, asking you to enable RCS in the official client. Given that carrier partners are being bypassed, Google is likely to shut down this Android technique to enable RCS in Messages.
In an ideal world, it gives a glimpse of the future of Chat messaging. Typing indicators with reading receipts, high-resolution images, sending over Wi-Fi and mobile data, larger group conversations, and corporate messaging are just a few of the new capabilities.
If you have any contacts who use RCS, you may now give it a try.
So that was all about enabling Rich Communications Services (RCS) to text on your phone. You may use it to send messages through Wi-Fi and Mobile Data and use other chat capabilities, like iMessage.
- 5 BEST SMALL BUSINESSES ROUTERS - November 8, 2021
- How to turn on RCS messaging in Google Messages on Android Devices - November 8, 2021
- 3 Days Training Via WhatsApp: How to Make Money Online in 2022 - November 7, 2021