ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners Capacity Building Scheme 2019
Guidance for ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners/Researchers Capacity Building Scheme (Training Courses in India 2019)
The ICMR/AU-STRC Health Sciences Cooperation is developed in response to the outcome of the landmark India Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) III, October 2015 that was hosted by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
This Cooperation is set up to leverage resources through innovative inter-disciplinary, multi-sectoral partnerships to capitalize on regional diversity and complementary strengths to enable and nurture an ecosystem that has a strong impact on transforming the health standards of the population. To guide and institutionalize this cooperation, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the African Union Scientific, Technical and Research Commission (AU-STRC) on the 27th March, 2019. To this effect, ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners and Researchers Capacity Building Scheme is designed to build the capacity of approx. 400 African health practitioners and researchers over a period of 3years.
To achieve this scheme’s objectives, ICMR in collaboration with AU-STRC has embarked on
training of the African researchers at some of the ICMR institutes in India.
Guidelines Governing the Training
- The individual availing this training would be addressed as an ICMR /AU-STRC
- The training will be conducted in English;
- The Fellow will be entitled to a stipend of Rs.2, 500/- per day.
- Subsidized institutional guest-house accommodation will be provided to the trainee
during his/her sanctioned period of training.
- The Fellow will be entitled to air travel (both ways) in economy class excursion air fare by shortest route.
- The Fellow should have the valid visa and overseas health insurance cover (both are to be obtained by him/her) before coming to India. The cost of visas and overseas health insurance cover are not refundable.
- The Fellow should submit a final work report (within 4 weeks after completion of training) on the training undertaken in the Indian laboratory/institute. (as per Format),
- A final report evaluating the performance of the Fellow by the Head of the Indian institute should also be submitted. (as per Format)
Generic Selection Criteria
- The Applicants must be a national of one of the African Union Member States and
resides in Africa at the time of Application and commencement of the training;
- The Applicant should be working in Health Research centers or Health Facilities within
- Knowledge of Spoken/Written English is essential;
- The Applicants should not be more than 55 years old as on last day of submission of
- The Applicants must satisfy the course eligibility criteria they apply for;
- Must have a valid international travel document and vaccination card;
- Must never being convicted of any crime.
The softcopy of the application forms and any other supporting documents should be submitted to AU-STRC via email: email@example.com and copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The email should have the subject: Application for 2019 Capacity building Scheme.
For details log on to ICMR website: http://www.icmr.nic.in and website of AU- STRC: www.austrc.org
- Ways to Control Your House via Smartphone - June 2, 2023
- Apply For Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB) Training of Trainers program - June 2, 2023
- Different Types of PCBs and Their Advantages - May 30, 2023