Application Deadline: 12th of September 2020
MWFAAN Beyond School Community Challenge 2020 for Young Nigerians between 13-17 Application is open.
The Beyond School Community Challenge is a flagship initiative of The Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association of Nigeria in collaboration with United States Mission to develop entrepreneurial mindsets of young people between 13-17 who are predominantly in both public and private secondary schools across Nigeria.
The Challenge identifies top finalists annually from the pool of applications received across Nigeria, where top finalists selected are invited to pitch and exhibit their entrepreneurial ideas at the
National Youth Leaders’ Summit.
The 2020 Beyond School Community Challenge is a Web and STEM-based hackathon on COVID 19 solutions to help Nigerian communities survive the COVID 19 pandemic. The Hackathon topics will be based on case studies on Medicine/ Health and Wellness, Education, Agriculture, Women and Girls Development, Entrepreneurship and Sports for communities during the COVID 19 pandemic. The Hackathon will hold virtually for selected teams across Nigeria.
- Applicants must be a team of 4 consisting of 3 young people between the ages of 13-17years and a Teacher/Mentor, aged 20 years and above.
(Applicants can all come from different schools/Educational Institutions but must agree on a team name and be willing to work together during the hackathon under their mentor in proffering community-based solution to the COVID 19 pandemic).
- All Teams, schools or Educational Institutions must be based in Nigeria
- Applicants must have access to strong and reliable internet.
- Applicants must be willing to grant both print and electronic media interviews if selected.
1. Applications would be received by Teams via e-forms to promote inclusiveness for both schools and other educational institutions.
2. The application would be basically judged within the ambit of social and business solutions for the COVID 19 pandemic.
3. Top 20 Teams/Applications would be selected by the review selection committee for further review. To ascertain the authenticity of every application process, there shall be coordinated phone conversations, live interview via zoom for every team shortlisted for the hackathon.
4. A one week Hackathon would take place for all 20 teams, and the 10 shortlisted teams would be invited for an elevator pitch, exhibition and voting process by the audience at the virtual Summit with 3 Top Teams/Finalists emerging as winners.
For More Information Kindly Visit MWFAAN 2020
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021