Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation business plan in Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Notes, Competitions, etc. Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation business is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
BUSINESS DESCRIPTION OF PALM WINE BOTTLING AND PRESERVATION BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Business: PALM WINE BOTTLING AND PRESERVATION
Industry: Wine Industry (Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation Business plan in Nigeria)
PATILAD is a Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation company based in Osun State, Nigeria. We are registered as a limited liability company owned by Dayo Adetiloye, Pelumi Agunbiade and other investors under the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and legally licensed by the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) here in Osun State. We have also been able to secure all necessary permits and documents from all concerned departments across all level.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at www.emuogidi.com
- Acquired land and planted Raphia palm
- Determined building, equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
At PATILAD, we are involved in the growing, tapping, bottling and distribution of the finest quality palm wine. We ensure that there is very minimal intervention in the winemaking process to ensure the authentic flavor of our products. This is made possible with the use of advanced technology and the hard work our professional team.
We are in the palm wine bottling business because we want to take advantage of the numerous opportunities in the agricultural sector, to help Nigeria’s economy improve by increasing domestic food production, to export agricultural products from Nigeria to other nations, and above all else, to make profit.
We are committed to sustainability as a company and we actively contribute to the development of our host community. We are equally committed to meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely. As such, we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards.
PATILAD has been able to acquire the greatest employees and equipment to run. As such, we are strategically positioned to become one of the top wine bottling companies in Nigeria. As needed by Nigeria’s regulatory organizations, we have implemented procedures and strategies that will enable us to use best practices for palm farming, wine processing, packaging and distribution.
With the goal of reaching the larger national market and the intention to go international, PATILAD continues to focus on marketing, distribution, brand development, research and development.
Nigeria remains one of the largest producers and consumers of palm wine globally. Over 2 million metric tons of palm wine are locally produced and consumed each year. Despite the fact that it doesn’t get the government’s attention, palm wine remains on high demand in Nigeria. It is the preferred drink in local traditional events, including weddings and funerals. In addition to special occasions, every passing night, palm wine lovers gulp down the beverage drink in local bars and palm wine joints both in towns and villages. The drink, which contains only 4% alcohol, is consumed both by men and women, but in various quantities, and continues to grow in demand.
It is well suitable for export to other countries such as ECOWAS countries, America, and Europe. National demand estimate is in excess of 25 million litres per annum.
Palm wine production and preservation under hygienic conditions and the distribution of a shelf-stable bottled product offer a unique industrial opportunity if given the required attention and it is a fertile business venture for an interested businessperson.
Products and Service
PATILAD will concentrate on operating a standard and licensed winery whose products will not only be sold in Nigeria but will be well suitable for export to other countries such as ECOWAS countries, America, and Europe. We are in the winery business to make profits and also to give our customers value for their money. As such, our products will include:
- Cultivation of Raphia palm
- Processing and bottling of our palm wine.
Our Target Market
Those who benefit from the commercial value chain of the winery industry are undoubtedly widespread and all-inclusive.
Due to this, we have set up our palm wine bottling business to cater to the following client base:
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores
- Outdoor caterers
- Local joints
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become one of the top 3 leading wine bottling company and number 1 palm wine bottling company in Nigeria as well as the west African countries.
Mission for the Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation Business Plan in Nigeria
- To fill every corner of Nigeria and other west African nations with our professionally packaged and processed palm wine.
- To establish a standard for how top-notch palm wine company should be managed in Nigeria.
Management Team of the Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation Business
Pelumi Agunbiade: She has over nine years of experience business and has over the years assisted in growing several businesses having worked for some leading brands in Nigeria. She has a B.Sc. in Business Administration from the University of Lagos (UNILAG). She is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS).
Mr. Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years of experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business, and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
Our Business Structure
Knowing fully well the kind of Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation business we intend to build and our hopes to grow big by entering the international market. We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the kind of world class business we want to own.
We have also put in place a structure that allows all of our senior management workers have access to profit-sharing arrangements, which will be dependent on their success over time.
In light of the aforementioned, we have chosen to hire talented and experienced personnel to fill the following positions:
- Chief Operating Officer
- General Farm Manager
- Processing Plant Manager
- Customer Service Executives
- Social Media Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Security Guard
- Truck Drivers
- casual farm/ factory workers
Our Competitive Advantage for Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation Business in Nigeria
Winery industry is fiercely competitive and PATILAD is fully aware of these competitions that are available when it comes to selling bottled drinks/wine all over the globe. We are prepared to compete favorably with other wine processing companies in Nigeria and beyond.
Some of our competitive advantages includes;
- Our location
- The uniqueness of our product in the market
- Our distribution networks
- The vast experience of our team
- Our excellent customer service culture
- Proper care and development opportunities for our employee
- Our leverage of the internet by using our websites and social media platforms
- We are involved in palm farming, wine processing, packaging and distribution for both local and international market and this allows us to take advantage of all the available opportunities in the industry.
Knowing fully well that with a proper SWOT analysis we will be able to position our business to maximize our strengths, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our weaknesses and be welled equipped to confront our threats. We therefor employed the service of a Business Analyst with background in winery industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and we came up with the following results
- We can rightfully claim to have some of the most skilled workers in Nigeria’s winery industry as well as the top processing tools.
- What will definitely count as a strong strength for the business is that we grow our own palm at our farm and we are directly involved in all the process
- Another strength we leverage on is our location.
- We have a management team with vast experience who are highly experienced and understand how to grow business from scratch to becoming a national phenomenon
- One of our strengths as a palm wine bottling company is that we have solid connections with a lot of key actors, including domestic and international suppliers and purchasers.
- As a start-up, one major weakness is the fact that we are a new company and we don’t have the market credibility yet especially from international markets which is highly competitive already as a lot of other big players are in the industry.
- As a result of limited funds, we presently operate in just one location which will seriously limit our vision of supplying to our target markets locally and internationally.
- The fact that we are going to be operating our Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation company close to significant states and megacities like Lagos State because of our location which provides us with unlimited opportunities to sell to a large number of people.
- The demand for bottled palm wine is estimated at 29.2 million litres per annum and the supply is just 20% of the above figure. That is a clear show of the demand-supply gap. This gap is what we are capitalizing on at PATILAD
- One of the major threats is the arrival of a new Palm Wine Bottling and Preservation company in the same location where ours is located in the nearest future
- Another threat that we are likely going to face is the economic downturn which has affected the purchasing power of potential customers.
To buy the remaining part of this business plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312. You can send a WhatsApp message or email us either at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312
Or send a WhatsApp message or email us either at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.