Sanger Institute Prize Competition 2020 for Undergraduate Students
Application Closes: 5pm UK GMT, 6th December 2019.
The Sanger Institute Prize is an outreach competition for undergraduate students from low- and middle-income countries and gives the winner an opportunity to experience the very cutting edge of genomic research.
- Be from a low- or middle-income country
- Be studying a relevent undergraduate degree at a University/Institute in a low-/middle-income country at the time of application
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field
- Have a good command of English
- Be over 18 at the time of applying
- The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute during 2020. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
Read also: Ashden £20,000 Award for International Development 2020
The 2020 competition will be run as a two-stage process.
Stage one: expression of interest
First stage applicants are asked to complete a short application form and write an expression of interest detailing their scientific interests and why they want to come to the Sanger Institute. Two academic references are also required at this stage.
Only applications made via the online application system will be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by 5pm UK GMT, 6th December 2019.
The deadline for references is Wednesday 18th December 2019. Only applications which meet the criteria listed above and have two references by the deadline will be accepted and reviewed.
Applicants will be informed of the results of this stage at the end of January 2020.
Stage two: essay
Selected candidates will then be asked to take part in stage two of the process, which is to write an essay with a given title. Details of this stage will be emailed to the candidates at the beginning of February 2020 and they will be given one month to complete the essay.
The judges’ decision will be communicated at the end of April 2020, the decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
For more info visit Sanger Institute Prize Competition
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023