Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business Plan in Nigeria
Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Shell Fish Processing and Packaging business plan in Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Notes, Competitions, etc. Shell Fish Processing and Packaging business is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
BUSINESS DESCRIPTION OF SHELLFISH PROCESSING AND PACKAGING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Business: SHELLFISH PROCESSING AND PACKAGING
Industry: Food Processing Industry (Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business plan in Nigeria)
PATILAD SEAFOOD, INC. is a Shell Fish Processing and Packaging company based in Ogun State, Nigeria. We are registered as a limited liability company owned by Dayo Adetiloye, Pelumi Agunbiade, and other investors under the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and legally licensed by the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) here in Ogun State. We have also been able to secure all necessary permits and documents from all concerned departments across all levels.
At PATILAD SEAFOOD, INC., we are involved in the raising, harvesting, and processing of shellfish (e.g. clams, oysters, crustaceans, mollusks, and shrimp) as well as the cultivation of different other species of seafood and fishes (e.g. catfish, trout, tilapia, and minnows),
We are in the seafood farming business because we want to take advantage of the numerous opportunities in the agricultural sector, to help Nigeria’s economy improve by increasing domestic food production, exporting agricultural products from Nigeria to other nations, and above all else, making profit.
We are committed to sustainability as a company and we actively contribute to the development of our host community. We are equally committed to meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely. As such, we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards.
PATILAD SEAFOOD, INC., has been able to acquire the greatest employees and equipment to run. As such, we are strategically positioned to become one of the top shellfish farms in Nigeria. As needed by Nigeria’s regulatory organizations, we have implemented procedures and strategies that will enable us to use best practices for seafood/shellfish farming, food processing, and packaging.
Products and Service
PATILAD SEAFOOD, INC. will concentrate on the following area in our shellfish farms.
- Cultivation of different species of shellfish and other seafood
- Processing and packaging of shellfish and other seafood
- Training and Coaching
Our Target Market
Those who benefit from the commercial value chain of the seafood farming industry and the individual customers of seafood are undoubtedly widespread and all-inclusive.
Due to this, we have set up our seafood farming business to cater to the following client base:
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores
- Outdoor caterers
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become one of the top 3 leading shellfish and seafood farms in Nigeria as well as the west African states.
Mission for the Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business Plan in Nigeria
- To fill every corner of Nigeria and other west African nations with our professionally packaged and processed shellfish and other seafood.
- To establish a standard for how top-notch seafood and shellfish farms should be managed in Nigeria.
Management Team of the Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business
Pelumi Agunbiade: She has over nine years of experience in business and has over the years assisted in growing several businesses having worked for some leading brands in Nigeria. She has a B.Sc. in Business Administration from the University of Lagos (UNILAG). She is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS).
Mr. Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years of experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business, and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
Our Business Structure
Knowing fully well the kind of Shell Fish Processing and Packaging business we intend building and our hopes to grow big by entering the international market. We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the kind of world-class business we want to own.
We have also put in place a structure that allows all of our senior management workers to have access to profit-sharing arrangements, which will be dependent on their success over time.
In light of the aforementioned, we have chosen to hire talented and experienced personnel to fill the following positions:
- Chief Operating Officer
- General Farm Manager
- Processing Plant Manager
- Customer Service Executives
- Social Media Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Security Guard
- Truck Drivers
- Shell fish/seafood farm workers
Our Competitive Advantage for Shell Fish Processing and Packaging Business in Nigeria
The seafood Processing and Packaging industry is fiercely competitive and Patilad Seafood, Inc. is fully aware of the competition that is available when it comes to selling seafood/shellfish all over the globe. We are prepared to compete favorably with other seafood processing companies in Nigeria and beyond.
Some of our competitive advantages include;
- Our location
- Our distribution networks
- The vast experience of our team
- Our excellent customer service culture
- Proper care and development opportunities for our employee
- Our leverage of the internet by using our websites and social media platforms
- We are involved in raising, processing, and packaging shellfish and other seafood for both local and international markets and this allows us to take advantage of all the available opportunities in the industry.
Knowing fully well that with a proper SWOT analysis we will be able to position our business to maximize our strengths, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our weaknesses, and be well equipped to confront our threats. We therefore, employed the service of a Business Analyst with a background in the seafood farming industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and we came up with the following results
- We can rightfully say to have some of the most skilled workers in Nigeria’s aquaculture industry as well as the top processing tools.
- Another strength we leverage is that we are adjacent to significant states and megacities like Lagos State because of our location in Ogun State.
- Our training and coaching services in addition to our goods equally bring us closer to our prospective customers.
- One of our strengths as a seafood farm is that we have solid connections with a lot of key actors, including domestic and international suppliers and purchasers.
- As a start-up, one major weakness is the fact that we are a new company and we don’t have the market credibility yet, especially from international markets which are highly competitive already as other big players in the industry.
- As a result of limited funds, we presently operate in just one location which will seriously limit our vision of supplying to our target markets all locally and internationally.
- The fact that we are going to be operating our Shell Fish Processing and Packaging company close to significant states and megacities like Lagos State because our location provides us with unlimited opportunities to sell to a large number of people.
- Fish and other seafood is one of the most demanded Nigerian diets today because a large number of people are trying to avoid meat for other sources of protein.
- One of the major threat is the arrival of a new Shell Fish Processing and Packaging company in the same location where ours is located in the nearest future
- Another threat that we are likely going to face is the economic downturn which has affected the purchasing power of the potential customers.
To buy the remaining part of this business plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312. You can send a WhatsApp message or email us either at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312
Or send a WhatsApp message or email us either at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.