Application Deadline: March 31st, 2020
The Financial Times/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2020 Application is open.
The 2020 edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards marks 15 years of collaboration between the Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation on awards that have had a substantial impact on the way financial and non-financial organisations approach sustainable investment. The Awards highlight ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development issues, with the core categories directly related to global efforts to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The winners will be announced at a special dinner in London on 16 June, preceded by the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards.
The Transformational Business Awards are open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations, as well as NGOs that can meet the judging criteria. The focus is on specific projects and transactions and the impact those initiatives have or promise to have on the problems they are targeting.
While the focus of all categories is on transformational impact in developing economies, the awards are also open to projects that address similar market deficiencies in the developed world and that could be replicated in severely under-supplied regions.
The aim is to recognise, showcase and reward private sector innovation, impact, replicability, financial viability and sustainability across a number of key areas identified in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDGs are designed to achieve by 2030 the eradication of poverty in all its forms, as well as protect the planet from degradation, and generally ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives.
Special attention will be given by the judging panel to initiatives that address climate change, and/or harness disruptive technologies and business models to achieve impact and scale. Innovative financing solutions, including best practice in impact investing, will also be recognised.
Entries are particularly welcome from institutional investors and other large holders of capital that support the SDGs, and from organisations with initiatives that may provide solutions in fragile and conflict-affected states and the world’s poorest countries.
Projects or transactions must have passed the implementation stage and result in measurable impact. They must be financially viable now or potentially within five years of implementation. Only initiatives that have been implemented since 2014 will be eligible. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply.
The programme is open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply. On the financing side, special attention will be given to entries that embrace best practice in impact investing.
We welcome entries from productive sector companies, investment institutions and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, climate, education, healthcare, technology, food and water security, and inclusion with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Pension funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Life insurance companies
- Impact investors
- Private equity firms
- Investment banks
- Fund managers
If your entry is short-listed in one of the awards categories:
- Your organisation and the initiative that has been short-listed will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- You will be invited to attend the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. You will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
If the judging panel selects your entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Your organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of your entry will be featured on the Awards website
For More Information Kindly Visit FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2020
- Top warehouse locations in Sharjah - January 26, 2023
- An Advanced Guide for Those Looking to Invest in Cryptocurrency - January 24, 2023
- Business Opportunity Recommended for 2023 that will make you millions in Nigeria - January 16, 2023