The Most Effective Ways to Advertise Your Business Online in Nigeria
Most people get really concerned as to how to make sales in their business. It is no big deal, the solution is simply by creating awareness. The world has become a global village, local advertisement is no longer enough to draw customers. There is a need for online marketing because majority of prospective customers make use of the internet. So if you need tips on how to effectively advertise on social media and draw sales, this article will put you through.
1. Get your business listed on Google: in 2017, research shows that ninety-seven percent of consumers search Google for a local business, and over seventy three percent of them buy online. This is why it is important to endeavor to get your business listed on Google. You could do this by creating a profile through Googlemybusiness. Your profile will contain your name, phone number, address amongst other things. When customers search the web for businesses relating to yours, Google will show you to them and the transaction starts from there.
2. Blogging: did I hear you say “I don’t know how to write?”. It could be learnt and if you still feel you can’t learn it, you could employ the service of a writer to write key word contents for your blog. You must keep the blog updated with posts and write-up, this increases your chances of getting in Google’s SEO top list.
3. Increase your social media presence: it is very important to increase your social media presence if you are determined about promoting your business online. You need to have an active Facebook, instagran, Twitter etc. account. Knowing the most suitable platform for you depends on what business you are into. For instance, if you deal with photography, Instagram is just the best place for you, if you deal with writing, Twitter might be the best place for you. Facebook is “multipurpose”.
4. Run online contest: this is an avenue for you to increase your followers on all social media handles. Organize an online contest with cash prizes for the winners, post pictures of your products or the contestants ( depending on your strategy) on your social media pages, tell them the contestants with the highest votes will win the contest. They would all want to win the contest. They would solicit for votes from friends and families who will in turn like the pictures on your page. What you have just done is creating an awareness of your business in many people within a short while. This is a strategy that has worked for businesses and is still effective.
5. Organize customer referral programs: another strategy that could help you increase your audience and make your business known to the larger public. You organize a contest online and tell the contestants to refer their friends and families, the contestants with the highest referral get to win a particular sum of money or perhaps anything from your brand. What you have just done is killing two birds with a stone. While you are retaining old customers, you are also getting new customers. The most commonly used media for referral programs are mostly WhatsApp and Instagram. Some people call it referral contest.
Read Also: Passive Income Simplified
6. Leverage the power of Instagram Influencers: advertising on Instagram is one of the best means of social media advertisement, but the challenge sometimes is that some of us do not have enough followers. There are however influencers who have built their Instagram page and have lots of followers. You could engage these people to help promote your business on their pages. It will definitely not come for free, but you will eventually see the results after paying a token for their advertisement.
7. Create useful video tutorials on YouTube: if you are a content creator, YouTube might just be the perfect place for you to grow your business. Creating helpful videos on YouTube could go a long way in growing your business chain. For instance, you could be involved in men’s clothing or could even be a fashion freak and discovered a new way of knotting You could make a video of this on YouTube and copy out the link to friends. Implore them to help rebroadcast and subscribe to your YouTube channel. That way, you are expanding your network.
8. Offer free products: research shows that people tend to embrace free offers than paid offers. You could show off some of your goods as giveaway within a short period of time, giving down guidelines for interested candidates to follow. But make sure you get their email address which would be helpful for you while compiling your email list.
9. Co-sponsor an award or giveaway: you might have come across a giveaway on social media. Show your interest to co- sponsor the giveaway to the sponsor, he or she would be pleased and make reference to your social media handle while doing the giveaway. This way, you will get rapid followers as people will be interested in your profile. This is what many people do to increase their followers on social Media. They always co-sponsor giveaways organized by celebrities who would later acknowledge their contribution.
10. Give a talk or a webinar: giving talks or organizing webinars portrays you as an intelligent being. Participants would find you fascinating and intriguing, they would want to know more about you and what you do. This is an avenue to introduce yourself and your brand.
11. Run Facebook ads: this might seem childish, but it works. Many internet users are on Facebook. So running a sponsored ad on Facebook could increase your network. Running an advert on Facebook is not free, you have to pay, buy it sure works and goes a long way in growing your online presence.
12. +Google alerts: update Google alerts. Google alerts works in a way such that when your name or product is mentioned in any post or comment, you get instantly notified. If it is a negative comment, you do the needful, and if it is a positive comment, you might want to save it and add to your product review to improve your customer service.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.