The Rise of Chat-bots in Customer Service Management
Chatbots are an AI-powered software which are programmed to facilitate conversations with your customers. You can program your chatbots with specific answers to frequently asked questions so that, instead of spending the time and energy to answer similar questions multiple times to every individual customer, your chatbots can step in and do the work for you. Chatbot applications streamline the interactions between people and services, improving customer experience. At the same time, they offer companies new opportunities to improve the process of customer engagement and operational efficiency by reducing the typical cost of customer service. Chatbots can be deployed on your website, on your Facebook page, or on your customer service portal. Chatbots can be implemented on any platform via which you normally interact with your customers.
Customers want immediate response to their query. Even when they eventually require assistance from a live chat human agent (perhaps because what they need is special and hasn’t been programmed into the chatbot yet), chatbot is a good way of keeping customers engaged by having something in place that responds to them promptly and (in the case that the bot cannot address their specific issues), lets them know that someone with specific expertise to address their issues will be with them shortly. At the very least, customers will be happy to receive a welcome message from a chatbot telling them the exact time they will receive solutions to their challenges — especially when the solution has not been programmed into the bot yet. In most cases, the bot can refer the customer to the FAQ page where they can find tips to help them solve their problem easily.
It is critically important to stress the fact that chatbots are in no way replacing humans. If anything, chatbots are a human engagement enabler. The chatbot’s job is to handle the initial communication and gather any necessary details from your customers—so that when you do step in, you already have what you need to engage your customers in a meaningful way.
How do chatbots work?
Complex questions that need serious analysis are not meant for chatbots. Using chatbots to answer simple questions and engaging customers with offers can be effective. The goal of chatbots is to make the interaction between computers and humans feel much more like communication between two people. With the help of Natural Language Processing, people can freely interact with chatbots simply by asking a question. Users communicate with a chatbot via the chat interface, like how they would talk to a real person. Chatbots interpret and process user’s words or phrases and give an instant pre-set answer. The following gives us a breakdown of what happens in a typical conversation between a customer and the chatbot.
- Tokenization – The chatbot software splits a sentence into different parts, words or “tokens”
- Part of speech tagging – The chatbot determines which words are nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.
- Stemming – shortening a word to its basic form
- Named entity recognition – The chatbot software finds entities in the text that the user has typed.
- Sentiment Analysis – This speaks of the ability of the computer program (chatbots) to recognize users’ emotions and mood.
How does chatbots enhance customer service and support?
- From the moment someone visits your site, logs onto your app, or connects with your social media page, a chatbot can be there to start the conversation. 57% of consumers are interested in getting real-time answers from bots on a company website.
- Chatbots can guide customers where they need to go, based on feedback, browsing history, and other personalized variables. Bots continually learn from interactions and use the information to get better at helping agents and consumers.
- Available 24/7 and across a variety of platforms, consumers can connect with your brand whenever they want, using the messaging channels they already know and use.
- Automated systems generate responses faster than a human behind a computer, and they can serve multiple customers at a time. It’s easy to program chatbots to answer certain types of questions and provide answers on a variety of topics.
- The chatbot never sleeps. Customer service is about convenience, which includes customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. An economical but powerful way to provide basic support is through chatbot which doesn’t sleep.
Customers receive the same level of service they receive from a support representative. Chatbot can recognize human emotions such as confusion, joy, anger and fear. As mentioned above, if chatbot detects that the customer is angry, angry or frustrated, it will transfer the interaction to the person without problems to take responsibility and terminate the client’s help.
How to make a chatbot for your website
As we have earlier established, chatbots can be implemented on various platforms, depending on your choice. However, it is important to bear in mind that implementation is easier of certain platforms than it on some others. For the most part, implementation of chatbots on a website is one of the easiest options to consider. Apart from the more complex and expensive options, there are many simple implementations of chatbots on websites which anyone who already has a website can take advantage of, and some of the implementations are even free. The following are a few options to try:
ChatCompose is a chatbot platform that offers a wide variety of integration channels and use cases, including chatbots for website. Installing a chatbot on the website of your company or business covers many needs ranging from lead generation, to online reservations. Everything is automated and consequently you will save time, optimize your service and save some money as well. ChatCompose can be used to implement a chatbot using a text or audio interface that can be created through prepared scripts and / or questions and answers. The chatbot can use artificial intelligence to answer questions, receive orders, perform tasks automatically and provide all the services for which it has been trained. The chatbot can work wonders for your business, if you if you adopt ChatCompose on your website or other platforms.
- Engati Chatbots
Engati is a one-stop platform for delighted customers. With the aid of intelligent bots, Engati can help you create the smoothest of Customer Experiences. And they can even help you answer your customers’ most complicated questions in real-time with Engati Live Chat. The sweetest part? Engati offers free services for individuals and small businesses with minimal requirements. Adding Engati Live Chat to your website is simple and should take only 7 minutes. Now, you can say goodbye to slow response times, and hello to happy customers. Whether it’s for lead generation or customer service, a customer’s first choice isn’t to have a call with your sales or customer service representatives. They’re looking for speed and reliability, and this is where Engati comes in handy. Another powerful point to note about Engati is the wide range platforms that exist for implementation. Engati chatbots can be implemented on all of the following platforms – WhatsApp, Website or Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Slack, WeChat, Viber, Kik, Etc.
SnatchBot is a free cloud-based AI chatbot platform to build bots for Messenger, Screen Scraping, Desktop Automation, Web Automation, Excel Automation, etc. This omni-channel platform has tools to support the entire lifecycle of a bot, from developing and testing to deploying, publishing, hosting, tracking and monitoring and include NLP, ML and voice recognition. The platform provides robust administrative features, scalable and enterprise-grade security that comply with all regulatory mandates. SnatchBot eliminates complexity and helps you to build the best chatbot experience for your customers. With SnatchBot, you can create an automated (bot) or Human (Human Hybrid) chatbot. No coding or technical skills required. Next, you can design conversations to utilize “Simple” or “Multiple Choice” or something more complex such as action buttons, translation, collect payments, send receipts and more. Again, no coding or technical skills required. Also, you can publish your bot everywhere your users are, and again, no coding or technical skills required.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Capital Fellowship: How to Apply and Win N200,000 Capital Fellowship - March 2, 2021
- Why I enrolled at Unicaf University for my Doctorate programme and How You Can Do Degree, Master’s programme and Doctorate programme at the Online University. - March 1, 2021
- Free Business Plan Sample and Template - February 25, 2021