The Secret to Having a Sumptuous Delicacy with Just 50Kg Bags Of Ofada Rice
When I mention the word “sumptuous” in relation to rice delicacy, chances are almost zero that ofada rice will make your list of sumptuous-able (don’t bother your dictionary) rice. Most people will opt for the polished brand of rice, the one we commonly call “foreign rice,” as the only option for dainty rice meals at parties or at home. Few people will dare to subscribe to ofada rice as a type of rice that can be made into a magnificent meal. Do you know that, in spite of the brownish-looking and unpolished nature of ofada rice, you can still create a sumptuous meal out of it? Do you want to know how? Then read on.
Ofada rice is basically the kind of rice grown in a town called Ofada in Ogun State, Nigeria. This kind of rice is short-grained, brownish, locally grown, and basically made available for sale and consumption in an unpolished and unrefined state. Many people prefer polished rice to ofada rice because they feel ofada rice is not classy enough. But what this group of people does not understand is that the nutritional value of ofada rice is higher than that of polished rice. This is because, in the process of polishing, the aleurone layer, which is highly nutritious and contains essential fats, is worn out, leaving behind mere rice grains. It is worthy of note that the aleurone layer is extracted so as to prolong the life of the rice in storage. Asides the aleurone layer that contains essential fats, ofada rice also contains other nutrients like magnesium, iron, zinc, and vitamins that improve health. It is also rich in fiber. The main crux of this article is to enlighten you on how to prepare dainty ofada rice using the 50-kg bag sizes. I will first teach you the procedure for preparing the rice, but before that, let me tell you the benefits of ofada rice.
Health benefits of Ofada Rice
- The high fiber content in ofada rice aids digestion and movement of the bowel. By so doing, it helps reduce body weight. It also helps lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. Ofada is a very good option for diabetic patients because its fiber helps to check blood sugar levels.
- The rich protein content enhances the repair of body cells and tissues.
- Eating ofada Rice has the capacity to shield you from suffering heart disease due to the presence of lignans.
- Your metabolic process is enhanced over time.
Next, I’ll tell you how to prepare ofada rice.
Steps to Prepare Ofada Rice
- ‘Destone’ rice
Because Ofada rice is unrefined and almost in its natural state, you are sure to find stones within the grains. The stones are actually the undoing of many people. They’d rather opt for polished rice than have to deal with pieces of rock mixed with Ofada rice. In addition, get rid of the chaff too, and your rice is free.
- Wash thoroughly.
After you’ve sorted out the stones within the rice, wash the rice very well several times to ensure cleanliness. Once you’re satisfied with its cleanliness, put it in a cooking pot.
- Parboil rice
Add sufficient water to the rice and parboil for about ten minutes. Afterwards, pour the parboiled rice into a bowl and rinse thoroughly before pouring it back into a pot.
- Boil rice
Add some water to the rice and place it in a pot to boil until softened. Add salt to taste before boiling.
Now let me put the rice aside and tell you about another aspect of the rice that will create taste bud magic, and that is the kind of sauce you choose to go with the rice. I’ll be introducing you to a mixed vegetable sauce that will blow your mind. Let me teach you how to cook the special delicacy that makes a delicious combo with your rice, but first, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 500 grams of chili pepper
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 250 grams of Scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 tablespoons of iru
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 200 grams of sweet potato
- 2 medium green peppers
- 4 seasoning cubes
- 11/4 tablespoons of salt
- Canned button mushroom
- 1 small onion and 1 big onion
- 3 small-sized carrots
- 1 can of sweet corn
- Spring onion
Read Also: How to start ofada rice business with 50kg of ofada rice
Let’s get cooking. Shall we?
- Wash the tomatoes, scotch bonnets, and chili peppers very well, place them in a blender, and blend. Let the particles be coarse, not fine.
- Pour the blended mixture in a pot and boil until the water evaporates.
- Pour some palm oil in a pot and place the pot over heat. Peel and wash the small onion bulb, and cut into large chunks. While the oil is getting heated, introduce the chunks of onion until the oil lightens. Then turn off the heat and discard the fried onions.
- Wash the carrots and sweet potatoes thoroughly and chop into small bits. Place the oil back on the heat and add the chopped carrots and sweet potatoes to the heated oil, allowing it to fry for about 6 minutes while stirring
- Add your sliced big onion and iru next and stir consistently.
- Introduce your fried tomato and pepper paste and stir
- Add salt, seasoning cubes, and crayfish to taste, as you properly stir.
- Lower the heat and allow the mixture to cook for about 12–15 minutes.
- Add your mushrooms, green pepper, and sweet corn, and stir thoroughly. Allow to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat; your vegetable sauce is ready. Serve with your ofada rice.
Now you can see from this article that having a sumptuous meal using 50kg ofada rice is dependent on how you prepare it. With the rice accompanying the stew or sauce, you’re sure to enjoy a meal of your favorite staple. So why don’t you try the recipe I have shared with you next time and have a delightful eating experience.
To buy your Original destoned Ofada Rice and delivered to you anywhere is Nigeria Call or WhatsApp 0806077920.
Price: N6000 for 5kg- you can only request for minimum of 10packs and above.
N55,000 for 50kg
Office for pick up: No 17, community Avenue, Ilupeju Magboro, beside Tallmania Hotel, Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023