Top 10 cheapest cars all under N700,000 It’s common knowledge that having your own personal car is more than necessary, especially if you spend a significant fraction of your day in-transit. This explains why most Nigerians try to get a car as soon as they can afford it. Who doesn’t like to cruise around in a comfortable vehicle rather than hopping from one rickety commercial vehicle to another?
However, the harsh reality in Nigeria is that brand new vehicles are far beyond what majority of people can afford. So, it’s just expectable that the average Nigerian would rather go for used cars.
In this article, we discuss the top ten cheapest cars all under N700,000.
Where to buy used cars in Nigeria
Your choice would depend on your budget and plan.
- The Berger (Apapa) auto market: This is the largest market in Nigeria for used cars. In this market, you’ll find more-than-enough options of your choice cars to choose from. Of course, you must have set your budget for tokunbo cars.
- Local car stands/markets: You can equally walk into the nearest car stand or market to make your choice. But you’ll have limited choices compared to what obtains with the Berger market.
- Individual car dealers: If you come across individuals looking to sell exactly the type of car you want, you can easily approach them to seal a deal. It goes without saying that you have just one option to consider, which might be dangerous. But if a Nigerian used car is what you have in mind, this is a cool option.
- Online car listing sites: More and more Nigerians are now getting their choice cars by checking online car listing sites (e.g. Cheki.com.ng) and classified ad sites like Jiji.ng. On these platforms, you’ll find multiple options of your choice cars — locally used and foreign used.
The Peugeot 206 is a popular portable car that sold around the world from 1998 till date, and is still selling in Iran. Its popularity lasted so long that till 2016 it stood tall as one of the top 10 vehicles in the UK. This amazing brand from Peugeot, the 206, has components that are handled superbly. The car was built with durable materials, and it has a unique design with asymmetrical angles. It is also very compact and extremely comfortable to drive. The Peugeot 206 is classified as a supermini model or a subcompact passenger car. It has between 85 cubic feet (2,407 L) and 99 cubit ft (2,803 L) of interior volume.
The Peugeot 206 has won several awards which includes the following; “The Most Beautiful Car of the Year 1998”, Festival Automobile International, 1998. It also won “Best Petrol Small Car” and “Best Diesel Small Car”, Fleet Excellence Awards, 2001. It added another feather to its cap by winning the “Best Convertible” (Peugeot 206 CC), What Car? awards, 2001.
Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (current)
- 2000 Peugeot 206 === 700,000 – 1,000,000
- 2002 Peugeot 206 === 530,000 – 1,000,000
- 2004 Peugeot 206 === 500,000 – 1,100,000
- 2005 Peugeot 206 === 600,000 – 1,350,000
- 2006 Peugeot 206 === 600,000 — 700,000
Kia Picanto is a tiny car, and a huge one. Kia needs to be specially applauded for the creativity in the inventory of Picanto. Although the manufacturing company has been making strides in other segments with amazing vehicles like Kia Sportage and the Cee’d, their best inventory and one of their most sold, still remains the Picanto. Its small size has been its main selling point, with people vying for the car mainly because of its shape. As small as the Picanto is, it commands even more attention than some other bigger cars that’s to its uniqueness and wonderful features.
Prices of Used Kia Picanto in Nigeria
- 2005 – 2007: N450,000 – N700,000
- 2008 – 2012: N700,000 – N900, 000
Kia Picanto: Things you should Know About the Car
Picanto is a comfortable and dynamic-looking car with a selection of surprisingly good selection of tech. This small car boasts of nice features including Bluetooth connectivity, Apple CarPlay support, satnav system, navigation system, voice recognition button, and lots more.
The 1-litre Picanto engine does 0.62mph in 14.3 seconds, while the 1.2 shaves more than 2 seconds off the time to complete a dash in 12 seconds flat. The naturally aspirated triple is smooth, and revs fairly sweetly.
The Nissan Pathfinder is a sports-utility vehicle or what we can also call a ‘Jeep’. It was first manufactured in 1985, and from that time till date, it has been in production, even though there have been several changes. For example, from 1985 till 1995, the Nissan Pathfinder was made as a Compact SUV but was changed to a Mid-sized SUV(larger than a compact SUV in size) thereafter till date. The Nissan Pathfinder was made as a successor to the Nissan Bushmaster. It is a front engine vehicle that comes in rear wheel, front wheel and four-wheel drive models. It comes in diesel, turbo diesel and petrol engines.
Nissan Pathfinder Prices (Nigerian Used)
- Nissan Pathfinder 2001 === N700,000 – N1,300,000
- Nissan Pathfinder 2002 === N500,000 – N1,500,000
Things you should know about the Nissan Pathfinder
The Nissan Pathfinder has evolved through four generations to become what it is today. The first generation (WD21) was made between 1985-1995 and came in 2-door and 4-door models. The wheelbase is about 2,649mm (104.3in) l, with the length standing at 4,366mm (171.9in) and the width being 1,689mm(66.5mm). The heights came in variations by model and year and included XE:1,689mm (65.7in), 1986-89 SE & LE: 1,679mm (66.1in) and 1990-95 SE 1,694mm (66.7in).
Second generation Pathfinders were made around 1996-2004 and included the tag; R50. The engine type here include 3.5L V6, 3.3L V6, 3.0L 14 turbo diesel and 3.2L 14 turbo diesel. The wheelbase is a standard 2,700mm (106.3in). There are variations to the length, width and height of Pathfinders in this generation.
The length included 4,529mm (178.3) for 1999-2002 models and 4,641mm (182.7in) for 2000-2004 models. This generation Pathfinders represent a complete redesign from the previous generation and so they actually appear more appealing.
- 2006 Toyota Matrix
N550,000 – N700,000