Top 10 Courses You Should Learn As A Tech Specialist
Are you thinking of building a career in technology? Or you are eager to change your field to technology, I’d be the first to tell you that it would be the right choice. With the current trend in the world, there is so much future advantage for tech experts. As a matter of fact, IT is one of those fields that would still retain their relevance when many other fields are struggling to remain in years to come. In 2014, there was a “vision 2063 draft” which was aimed at bringing total technological development to Africa and other continents are also not left behind in technological goals. Between 2016 and mid-2019, it was reported that U.S. employers were only able to fill six of every 10 open tech positions, signaling a huge technology talent deficit in the U.S. Furthermore, over 50% of company learning & development leaders according to a Udemy survey said technical skills were their top priority for training in 2020. Below are some of the courses you could learn as a tech specialist or tech enthusiast.
- Artificial Intelligence: in 2018, 31% of businesses said implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI) was part of their agenda for the next twelve months. Artificial Intelligence is one of the best courses to learn in tech. With many businesses employing AI, learning it would be an advantage for you. With the rate at which AI is changing the landscape of works, hiring growth for AI specialist has grown within seventy one percent in the last four years. Even on LinkedIn, AI specialist earned LinkedIn #1 emerging job spot because of its widespread and adoption. AI specialties could be of benefit to other tech careers ranging from data scientist to product managers amongst others. More so, since 2013, the number of jobs which requires AI has vastly multiplied by 4.5. A career in artificial Intelligence will set you straight to fit into the new world order.
- Machine Learning: when it comes to Innovation, machine learning is one of the most exciting careers you could take up. It is one of the most profitable skills you can learn. According to Mckinsey, forty nine percent of companies are currently exploring or planning to use machine learning. Machine learning is beneficial in that it can be applied to every sector be it education, finance and so on. You can also apply your machine learning skills to a role that suits your interest. Companies like Netflix uses machine learning to make recommendation to its users, asides that, machine learning received more funds than all other AI combined in 2019. At this point you need to note that there are differences between machine learning and artificial intelligence, while the former relies on devices making set of a specific data, the latter is broader relating to machines designed to act intelligently like humans. But no doubt that the two are well sought-after skills.
- Data Visualization: this is like a bridge between technical and non-technical roles. What data visualization does is to collect data and transform it into a form anyone can understand. Data visualization is a way to help people understand the importance of data by placing it in visual contexts. Data visualization is in demand because employers can help predict sales volume, understand the factors that influence human behavior, identify areas that can be improved in business. In short, employers can make sense of a large amount of data to drive real business results. Data Visualization is the key to bringing the power of real data to the mainstream.
- Network and Information Security: if you are curious about cyber security, then this career is for you. Keeping network secure for companies that involve in data and information collection is very important. Data breaches can be big and costly for affected companies; this is why it is crucial to secure data. In 2019, the percentage of data breaches increased by fifty percent. It was reported that companies demand for security engineers within one year (2019-2020) has drastically increased by 132 percent, but there’s unfortunately still insufficient people up to the task. However, this might be a chance for you to build a career in cyber security.
5. Data Science and Analytics: reports have been conducted on data science and analytics in three years, and in all three years, it has earned a top spot. In accelerating their decision making and bringing greater accuracy, 84 percent of companies have launched advanced analytics and big data initiatives. Data science and analytics is beneficial to various industries from education to finance among others.
6. Data Engineering: data Engineering is like a branch of data science, notwithstanding, they are two separate fields. Data engineers build the tools and infrastructure scientists rely on to execute their work. Since 2015, hiring rate of data engineers has been increased by over 35 percent.
Read Also: Top 5 Highly Disruptive Technologies In The Business World And How To Catch Up With Them
7. Cloud computing: with many companies switching from classical server infrastructure to cloud server, there is a rise in cloud computing jobs. Companies like Amazon uses cloud computing. Cloud computing skills are one of the most profitable and productive skills an IT can learn.
8. User Interface and User Experience Design (UI/UX Design): these are, in actual sense, two different entities. User interface experts design interfaces for website, apps etc.to be visually appealing and easy to navigate for users, while User Experience experts deal with researching and testing in order to see to it that users get good experience while interacting with the company and the website.
9. Mobile Development: with about 3.5 billion smartphone users in the world today, companies are beginning to see the need for developing apps and not just having a website. The gist about this is, if you can develop mobile apps there are a lot of jobs out there waiting for you.
10. Quantum computing: if you are a science fiction fanatic, then quantum computing is a good recommendation for you. You can get involved in coding and algorithm to set the pace for quantum computing.
With the new phases of the world’s technology, building a career in IT won’t be a regret for you. You could start by exploring any of the courses above. They promise to yield desirable outcomes.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021