Top 10 ways to take your localized offline business online
The COVID-19 situation has drastically changed our lives and our businesses in only a few short months. Many business owners are uncertain about how to keep their store going as the retail sector has been impacted particularly hard. As a result, a large number of small and medium-sized enterprises worldwide are quickly converting their offline operations to online ones.
If you don’t currently have a functioning website, you are drastically limiting your capacity to contact potential customers who may be making their first online purchases. You’ll need a fully functional e-commerce website that enables all of your business to be conducted online if you want to stop these customers from turning to your competitors to meet their needs.
Consumers today want to avoid going into physical businesses to make purchases for everyday items like food, clothing, gadgets, and more. While many businesses switched online during the pandemic, others are still debating or in the process of doing so. We have written a detailed and actionable guide to bringing your offline business online to make things easier.
Steps to take your business online
It’s not always easy to transition a retail business from an offline to an online model. To retain your present consumers and draw in new ones, you’ll need to embrace new techniques because what works offline might not work online. As you consider making this change, consider whether you have the abilities to see it through. Will you be able to successfully run an online business using your offline experience?
We’ve written this guide to walk you through each step you need to take to transition your business from offline to online if you’re unsure if you have what it takes. We’ll discuss its significance and provide thorough guidance on every step of the offline to online conversion procedure. It is strongly advised that you go through:
- Understand why you must get your offline business online
The best thing you can do to secure the success of your retail business in the future is to move it from an offline to an online environment. Avoid falling into the slump of business as usual, even if you live somewhere that is just beginning to reopen. These unanticipated events have shown that it’s never too early to set up your company for probable interruptions in the future.
- Have a definite plan for moving your business online
Make a strategy for building your online presence before diving into the digital ocean’s depths. Answer some of the following crucial questions to determine how you want to go about moving your retail business online, such as:
- Do you want to instantly move to an online business model?
- Can you manage both your current offline business and your online one simultaneously, or will it negatively impact your workload if you open your online business at the same time as your offline one?
- Do you want to move from offline to online gradually? If so, what components will you start incorporating into your company first?
- Build a high-converting e-commerce website
You are now prepared to build the greatest website to benefit both you and your visitors. Think about every aspect of the websites you frequently visit, especially those you use for your personal online buying needs. Despite the fact that everyone has distinct personal tastes when it comes to design components, all customers expect a simple and straightforward purchasing experience. The functionality of your website as well as the way it is laid out, which makes it simple to find and search for your products, contribute to its ease of use. Your website should function flawlessly, with all of your photographs properly loading and your sales features working as they should.
- Use your website to generate business leads
Your website is the best tool you have for generating leads online. A landing page should be set up on your website to collect information from visitors when they first arrive.
3 Ways to Use Your Website to Generate Leads
- Use a freebie: Offering something worthwhile for free when someone signs up for your email list is the best method to entice folks to do so. This is known as a “freebie.” You may offer a report or a free e-book as your freebie.
- Create a newsletter: Online lead generation is made easy with the help of a useful newsletter. Make sure your newsletter looks professional, is loaded with information, and is published regularly.
- Create a free online course: Making a FREE online course and making it accessible to everyone who signs up for your email list is one of the finest ways to generate leads.
Read Also: Online Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria
- Using Your Website to Drive Visitors to Your Brick-and-Mortar Business
Focus on leveraging your website to direct users to your physical location if you offer a more expensive good or service. If you sell a product that requires some “test driving,” such as a used car or new TV, or if your sales team is outstanding, this can be extremely effective.
3 Ways to Drive Visitors to Your Location
- Offer an online discount: This is a time-tested marketing strategy employed by auto dealers. Since the majority of consumers conduct their research online before visiting a car dealership for a test drive, auto dealerships provide a special discount, typically of a few hundred dollars, for customers who say that they saw the advertisement online when they arrive. This strategy can be used to any industry, including the mattress industry and cosmetic surgery.
- Offer video consultations: Offering video consultations is another fantastic approach to attract customers to your physical presence. If your product or service will benefit them, you can show that you are aware of their issue and invite them in for a demonstration. You could even provide an online discount, as was already mentioned.
- Create Buyer’s guides: A wonderful strategy to attract more customers to your physical presence is by producing a buyer’s guide. Consider your buyer’s guide as a lengthy blog article that persuades potential buyers to visit your store. Make sure to include comparisons to competitors, who your items and services are for and who they are not for, as well as a discount for visiting the store, in your buyer’s guide!
Just some of the things we’ve covered above can help you expand your business online.
- Plan for online marketing & SEO
Making sure that people can locate your website after it has been set up is the next stage. Your present consumers make up a small portion of your audience, but the beauty of an internet retail business is that you can now make your services and goods available to customers all over the world. Take note of the following advice on growing your online audience if you want to increase your reach to new clients in online shopping.
- Create rewards to promote email signups
When you go to a website that reads, “Enroll in our newsletter to earn 10% off your first purchase,” this frequently appears as a pop-up. You can grow your email list with the help of these free opt-in incentives. If you can’t provide customers a discount as an incentive, you might promise them future discounts in your newsletter or give them the opportunity to purchase a popular item before it becomes available to the general public.
- Expand your social media audience
Growing your social media site could seem a little overwhelming with all the options there are. You shouldn’t use every social media platform; instead, concentrate on the ones where your target audience spends the most time online. Finding the finest platforms can be done by performing some marketing or competitor research or by engaging a social media professional.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.