U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program 2020 – Advancing Young Women in Agribusiness (Fully Funded to USA)
Application Deadline: November 18, 2019.
The Professional Fellows Program – Advancing Women Agribusiness Entrepreneurs and Innovators hosted at Michigan State University (MSU) connects Ugandan, Tanzanian, and Kenyan agribusiness professionals and entrepreneurs with their counterparts in Michigan for knowledge exchange and capacity building. The program strengthens visiting fellows’ skills in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system innovation, and addresses issues of women’s economic empowerment.
We are recruiting young Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan professionals from diverse backgrounds in private, public, non-governmental, and education sectors who are either women agribusiness entrepreneurs or individuals working to increase women’s economic engagement in the agricultural sector.
Who Should Apply
- Women entrepreneurs, social innovators, or small and medium business owners or managers and other leaders working in the agriculture and food sectors
- Individuals (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs working on programs that support women in the agriculture and food sectors in their respective countries
- Policymakers, ministry employees, and others in the public sector (of any gender) focused on supporting and improving opportunities for women in the agriculture or food sector
- Academic staff (of any gender) who are implementing programs to impact advancing women in the agriculture and food sectors
- 25-40 years old
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and working in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks fluent English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community
- Has employer’s support for participating in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has recommendation from local authorities at the district, county, and/or community levels
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country
- Preference will be given to those who are in an earlier state of their careers
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to the US
Spring 2020 Cohort
21 October 2019: Application process opens (expected)
18 November 2019: Application deadline
For more info visit Professional Fellows Program 2020