Application Deadline: March 16th, 2020.
Participate in the “YouthLead 2020 Turning Point Contest for Young Changemakers” and showcase your work globally! As a young changemaker, this YouthLead contest provides you with a unique platform to share your personal experience and creative voice. And, you could win a cash prize!
They invite written submissions, in the form of a personal essay or poem, that tell a powerful story about one important turning point you have experienced as a young changemaker. A turning point can be a moment in your life when you felt inspired, motivated, empowered, or enabled by a person, a place, or an event to begin working for change in your community. Community can be defined as a group of people you share common attitudes, interests, and goals with at the local, district, national, or global level, or in another way that makes sense to each author.
The competition is open to all members of the public who are:
• Citizens of low-and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here;
• Aged 18-35 and
• Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80% complete. Becoming a member of YouthLead is easy and free. All Entrants must be successfully registered on YouthLead. As registration may take several days to process, all YouthLead.org registration requests must be submitted at least 4 business days prior to the end of the Entry Period to ensure timely approval for entering the contest.
Other Submission Requirements
1. All written submissions must be the original work of the Entrant (that is, written by the Entrant him/herself), and relate to an activity that the Entrant is directly involved as a changemaker.
2. All entries must be submitted here. (Submissions in French or Spanish will also use this link. You can use “Select Language” in the upper right hand corner on your screen to translate the submission page to French or Spanish).
4. Written pieces must have been developed between February 13, 2019 and the Contest deadline of March 6, 2020. Entries that have been published on other platforms or prior publications will not be considered.
1. Entries that do not meet the submission criteria for the contest and/or written formats will be excluded.
2. The YouthLead Turning Point Contest Selection Committee will rank the submissions separately by category – for personal essays and poems – and select the top six (6) contest winners for each category. The Prizes for each winner are outlined under “Contest Prizes” below.
3. No more than one prize may be awarded per Contestant.
4. Decisions of the Judging Panel are final and are not subject to appeal.
5. This is a skills-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winners.
1.1st Place Winner – a one-time monetary prize of $200 and poem featured on YouthLead.org.
2. 2nd Place Winner – a one-time monetary prize $100, and poem featured on YouthLead.org.
3. 3rd – 6th Place Honorable Mentions – poem featured on YouthLead.org.
1. 1st Place Winner – a one-time monetary prize of $200 and personal essay featured on YouthLead.org.
2. 2nd Place Winner – a one-time monetary prize $100, and personal essay featured on YouthLead.org.
3. 3rd – 6th Place Honorable Mentions – personal essay featured on YouthLead.org.
The Selection Committee will evaluate the personal essays and poems based on the following criteria:
- Voice & Power
- Experience & Engagement
For More Information Kindly Visit YouthLead turning Point Contest 2020