12 Things To Keep At The “Back of Your Mind” While Advertising
Advertisement is a very crucial part of any business enterprise. No matter how flashy your product looks, or how beneficial it is, if you do not advertise, you will end up being the producer and the consumer. Many people see this and therefore invest more time and money in order to drive in sales and boost their business. However, as much as we involve advertisement in selling our goods, there are things to always keep at the back of our mind while advertising. The reason why some people do not get positive results even after advertising is because they have refused to put some things at the back of their mind. This article will take you through some of the things you have to put at the back of your mind while advertising. Below is a numbered list.
- Make it simple: as much as you want to make your advert unique, enticing, attractive, you must also endeavor to make it simple. You don’t have to create an ad that is stuffed with all shades of colors or that is packed with so many images. You have to put this at the back of your mind that while you are bent on creating impression on people, creating the right impression matters and keeping it simple will help create the right impression.
- Activate call to action: a call to action is a piece of copy that urges or invites the audience to take action. Some calls to action you might be familiar with are things like “Buy now”, “Come in while stocks last”, etc. are used in advertising. While creating your call to action, endeavor to make it as small as possible, since it is not part of your design, but if it serves a crucial role in your advert display, you might need to make it bold enough. Remember, the end is towards having a successful advertisement
- 3. Use hyperbole: don’t be afraid to exaggerate. Exaggeration is allowed. In order to foster patronage and attract customers, you might need to exaggerate. But make sure it’s a meaningful exaggeration that won’t get people disappointed after making use of your product. Keep at the back of your mind that the aim is encourage people to buy your products and not make them get disappointed. Stay meaningful.
- Have targeted group of customers: it is true the main aim of business is to make profits through sales, but you might be making a huge mistake if you do not channel your product to a particular set of people. Streamlining your advertisement to a particular class, age group, gender and so on will go a long way in boosting the growth of your business. Reaching out to ten active customers is better than reaching out to a thousand passive customers. So streamline your advertisement, to a particular set of people, this helps you to work effectively with what you have (number of people), giving you the chance also to follow those people up.
5. Social media: some people think social media is just a waste of time. But the actual truth about social media is that it enhances sales. As much as we all love to entertain our sights on social media, we likewise love to get content that are beneficial to us. Advertising on social media will help bring your product to a larger populace. Therefore, do not make the mistake of avoiding social media in leveraging your business growth.
6. Show: show and don’t tell. Showcase your product by creating beautiful imagery that illustrates and totally explains what your product is about. You don’t have to write or tell that you produce milk from dairies; rather, you could have an image of a dairy as part of your ad design. The aim is to pass across a message even without verbal means.
7. Make your copy short: you have to keep at the back of your mind that people get bored from having to read unending long lines of advertisement. All they want is a few punch lines where the keywords are embedded, so endeavor to keep your words as witty as possible. They help in the reception of your advert.
8. Implement optical illusion: optical illusions are entertaining and interesting. In running an advert for your business, you could make use of optical illusion. This will help fix the audience’s attention on your ad for a period of time say ten to twenty seconds, depending on how long the duration of your illusion last. This brings to table that while creating optical illusion, make sure they are as short as possible and not time taking. A lot of people have to carry out several tasks, attempting to make them glued to your Ad for too long might make no sense in the end.
9. Be intentional about colors: you don’t have to pack all the colors in the world into your adverts, be selective. Think of colors that would bring out the beauty of your advert and use them. Whatever you do, don’t use too many colors, it makes you look unprofessional.
10. Let your whitespace speak: “whitespace is an incredibly useful tool in design, it helps to let your designs ‘breathe’ and it keeps your design neat and uncluttered. However, whitespace isn’t just an aesthetic tool, in fact, it can also be a functional tool, one that can help create meaning for your ad’s key message”. Whitespace for first timers can be tempting and tricky. You might want to fill it all with colors, but no, let it speak for you. Let it keep your design simple and clean and speak to your customers.
11. Make it new: endeavor to always market your product in a new way, especially if you are advertising a new product. Branding it and “sugar coating” it all would speak for you. Keep at the back of your mind that the aim is to create conviction.
12. Bold messaging: use bold type to make bold messages. Bold messages catch people’s attention more than any message, so endeavor to write important messages in bold. Keep at the back of your mind that the aim to all of these is to get positive advertisement results.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.