13 Best Technologies for Caterers and Restaurants You Never Knew Existed
The food and beverage division of the hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing industries. While food necessitates life, it also aids performance. As entrepreneurs who run a restaurant or catering service, much more than making profits, your goal is to see that customers derive optimum satisfaction from whatever food they purchase. This is achievable, in fact , attainable, all you need is to keep yourself with new recipes, development, technologies etc. Technology has made things easier even for entrepreneurs and prospective customers. With the invention of smartphones, customers can carry out a lot of transactions among many other things, while businesses can put in place things that would give satisfaction to their customers. Technology has been put in place to help the successful running of businesses in all sectors, not excluding the restaurants and catering sectors. Perhaps as a caterer or a restaurant owner, you never knew there are some technologies put in place for the successful running of your enterprise, at the end of this article, you will be enlightened as this article will take you through some of the technologies put in place for you.
- Online ordering: if you still do it the old way of having waiters around the restaurant hall to approach customers and ask them what they would love to order, then you have to step up your game. Technology has made it easy for you to start making online ordering. It is easier when customers place order online compared to when they have to walk into your restaurant in that it saves them time and on your path, it earns you more money; when a customer flips through your website and get fascinated he might add an additional order to his initial order thus making it more profitable for you which might not have been possible if he had been in your restaurants because he might not have access to all you have available, and even if he did, he could be eager to see that he doesn’t keep the waitress waiting for too long.
- Website: own a website. To drive sales and increase productivity, you need to own a website. There is no online ordering without a website, email marketing might not be successful without a website. By having a website, you help build your audience intentionally and unintentionally.
- POS: having a POS machine in your restaurant is never too much since many people now prefer to pay via their credit cards than paying cash. Having a POS helps you to make exceptional services available, you could even start another business from the use of POS itself since many people now find it burdensome to withdraw in the banks. That aside, POS machine is one of the technologies you should endeavor to have as a restaurant owner.
- CCTV: having CCTV cameras in your restaurants helps you to know who comes in or goes out of your restaurant. You stay awoke at all times and it makes it difficult for theft to take place in your restaurant..
- Email marketing: e-mail marketing is one of the technologies that you can use in gaining and retaining customers, making multiple sales and even gathering feedbacks and reviews on your services. You could easily compile an email list based on customers from your website and send them creative messages from time to time.
- Wi-Fi: is one of the technologies you should have in that it can tremendously increase sales. Many customers want to watch live football while eating, some want to carry out assignments, some even have uncompleted tasks to execute, making Wi-Fi available will make them feel relaxed and take their time to do whatever they want to do. In subsequent times, they’ll refer friends
- Data tracking: with technology, you could track the data of any customer and see how often they patronize you, their preferences , their purchase and other things. Technology makes it achievable for you simply by getting their email address and tracking it on your computer. Know that this is to help you get better (if need be) by knowing the preferences of your customers. By knowing what your customers are saying about your business.
- Bookkeeping: Bookkeeping goes a long way in determining the strength of any business which is why it is advisable to always keep records. Keeping records might be hard, but with bookkeeping software, you get the chance to keep record of your sales, determine strengths and weaknesses in your restaurant and make amends.
- Customer facing table top tablets: restaurants are leveling up their services by implementing the Quick Service Restaurant. “The self-service restaurant technologies trend started with QSRs (Quick Service Restaurants). QSRs like Taco Bell let customers place orders using a tablet, mobile app or kiosk. The benefits started rolling in. Taco Bell reported a 20% increase in digital order sales over ones made traditionally with a human cashier. Self-service restaurant technologies are now being adapted by the casual and even fine dining industries. Restaurants are using tabletop tablets that display their digital menu and allow customers to place and send their orders directly to the kitchen. Orders come out more quickly than if a table had to flag down a server during lunch or dinner rush. That means faster table turn – and happier guests. Plus, since customers can dig deeper into the menu to discover more add-ons and extras than any server could recite, check averages are increasing.”
- Bulk SMS: compile a list of your customers’ contact details( this could be possible from information they’ve dropped on your site) and send them messages from time to time. It does not always have to be business messages, sometimes, it could just be to check after them.
- Fire Alarms: fire accident is one of the most common forms of accident and it always leads to casualty. Technology has however provided a way out and that is through fire alarms. In case of a fire outbreak, fire alarms sound or alarm the whole hall, bringing everyone to the awareness that there is an outbreak and measures need to be taken
- Drone Food Delivery: just like there are military bomb drones, there are also drones fashioned for the catering industries to make deliveries to customers. It is a technology you might want to adopt.
- Social Media Engagement with Customers: gone are those days when you serve without even hearing feedbacks from customers. With technology, you can engage with your customers on social media, know what they feel about your service and how you can serve them better.
There are many more technologies that have been put in place for the successful running of your business , but these are some of the most common ones. They promise to help your business get better.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.