5 Home Businesses That Can Make You Millions in a Short Term.
It is no lie that the COVID19 crisis has not only adversely affected all the economies of the world, but also people’s personal lives. On one hand, companies have had to reduce their staff because they could no longer afford to pay them all, and workers on the other hand have become jobless and hungry. Many go these days walking about aimlessly because the pandemic has had its toll on them.
However, when there is life, there is hope, they say, there is no cause for alarm. In this article, I have compiled some businesses you could venture into that would raise your standard of living, notwithstanding if you have lost your job or you still have it, whether you are a student or a civil servant. These businesses could fetch you millions in a short while. Note that these businesses do not mandate you to leave home and go to a workplace; they are businesses that could be done from the comfort of your home. In fact, I call them “work from home businesses.”
Before diving into these businesses, it is very important to know that while home businesses are always comfortable and less-stressful, because you have to do them at your pace, you must not also forget that how much hard-work you put into them will determine the results you get from them, so if you are dreaming of making millions out of any of these businesses, you must be ready to commit a good time to it. Nothing good comes easy.
There are definitely a lot of businesses you could do from the comfort of your home that would fetch you money, a lot of sites would show you hundreds of them, but what matters is not how many businesses you could do, but how effectively you could handle just one and set a pace through it for the future. The businesses I will be sharing with you in short require little or no internet at all. Consistency and hard work is what is required and you will be on your way to being a millionaire in a short time. Therefore, here are the top five businesses I have considered suitable for every class, age group or gender:
- Farming: farming is one of the ancient trades in the world. Our early fathers were farmers. Farming dominated the world before industrialization. With the current global pandemic, which has crashed and is still crashing many businesses, Farming seems like a Messiah to the world. Perhaps we were taught in High School that the three basic necessities of life are food, clothing, and shelter, we should remember that all these three basic necessities come majorly from farm produce, the most important one being food. Study shows that there would be a global recession after the pandemic and many countries would suffer from poverty and hunger, African countries topping the list. This is why I advise anyone who comes to me for business ideas to venture into farming, a hungry man does not listen to the gospel, only a fully filled does, people can only go about their way of life when they eat, but what happens when they don’t have food?. The demand for farm produce rises daily and will rise more even after the pandemic, which will be a favorable market for farmers, therefore, if you are dreaming of making millions, this is the time to start preparing, start farming.
You need little or no capital to start, all you need to do is go to your backyard, clear the bushes there and start planting. You could start with common foods like maize, rice, beans etc. With time, you start expanding your horizon. However, start first, and be consistent.
- Poultry: Another business I advise people to venture into is poultry. People consume poultry produce every day, especially eggs that are a major source of protein. Starting a poultry business is one that can fetch you millions. You might want to do the math. Let us assume you started with 20 fowls consisting of 5 male and 15 female, at the end of say two months, the females start laying eggs. That’s 15 eggs in a day. If each fowl lays 1 egg each for 30 days that’s 30*15=450 eggs in one month. Do you know how much that would be if converted into cash? I know you are smiling.
Starting poultry however, requires only a small piece of land, which could be at your backyard or anywhere around your house. If you are consistent and strategic with the business, you could be on your way to counting millions.
Read Also: Cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
- Teaching online: this business might require a little knowledge of the social media and internet at large. Let me tell you today that it might just be about time you started using that little knowledge you think is irrelevant, there are people who would strive hard just to obtain a tip of what you have and would even pay any amount to possess it. This is where teaching comes in. Monetize your knowledge. You might know how to bake while there are people out there who do not and would love to learn, organize an online class or create a PDF or make a video on how to bake; you would be surprised at how well people turned up. Kenneth, the CEO of Udoboy started his language school through WhatsApp, he taught his students through slides and PDF for a reasonable amount, today, he’s got a lot of money. You could emulate this too. Do not see distance as a barrier, the world is a global village; anyone in the world interested in your teaching would show interest.
- 4. Mini importation: you could make millions also by importing items online through Alibaba, AliExpress, and DHgate. I have seen people who make money through this business, all they do is sit in the comfort of their home and receive orders from people who are interested in what they sell.
You only need a meager amount to start this business for there are people who already paid for the goods and are selling to you in credit, your duty is to pay them once you make sales, which is why many people involved in mini importation always place emphasis on “pre-order”
- Freelance writing: if you are a wordsmith and you are thinking of something more intellectual to venture into, freelancing is one business I would recommend to you. This business requires 0% capital. All you need to do is just writing. There are companies who would need your services, but you need to network to them.
How do you network? Get a LinkedIn profile. Once employers view your profile and are attracted, you might land a job and start earning. You could also get jobs on Fivers and Upwork and earn really big.
It is important to know that there is no success without action, no glory without trial, likewise, no millions without steps. So wake up, look at which of these businesses suits you best and start planning towards it, take a step today and the sky might just be your starting point. Cheers!
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021