Apply Now to Become an Acumen Fellow close on September 9, 2018
The Acumen Fellowship program is building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create lasting social change.
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and competitive. We encourage you to apply early. Here is the timeline for the 2018 process:
- Applications close on September 9, 2018;
- Select candidates will be invited to a selection conference in November, 2018
- The 2019 cohort will be announced in January, 2019.
DEVELOPING LEADERS WHO CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO AND INSPIRE THEIR COMMUNITIES TO BUILD A BETTER FUTURE
We’re equipping extraordinary leaders with the capacity to positively transform society
We’re building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create change in our complex, interconnected world. Our Fellows Program is a one-year leadership development program designed to connect and cultivate a pipeline of social changemakers who are committed to tackling poverty in their communities.
OUR FELLOWSHIPS ARE CONNECTING AND CULTIVATING EMERGING LEADERS
The Acumen Fellowship program is an intensive leadership development program cultivating a pipeline of tomorrow’s social changemakers. Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while participating in five in-person, multi-day immersive seminars and engaging in online content between seminars. Currently operating in Colombia, East Africa, India, Pakistan, and West Africa, the Fellows Program equips leaders from across the country or region with the knowledge, skills and community to become more effective, collaborative agents of change.
Our Program In A Nutshell
Our Fellows Program centers around five in-person seminars design to improve individuals’ capacity to innovate and drive change while remaining in their full-time jobs.
Our unique virtual content enables Fellows to connect with peers and continue developing the skills to make lasting social impact between seminars.
We provide the space and security for Fellows to practice self-reflection, broaden their perspectives and identify areas for personal development.
Focus on Real-World Applicability
We design content that is focused on being relevant and applicable to Fellows’ everyday lives and social impact work.
Our Core Curriculum
Based off the work of Harvard Professor Ron Heifitz, Adaptive Leadership is a practical leadership framework that helps individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in challenging environments. The content supports Fellows’ ability, both individually and collectively, to catalyze and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of change.
Building off the work of Marshall Ganz, Fellows develop their capacity to articulate their story of self, us and now. Fellows are equipped to articulate a hopeful vision, speak across lines of difference, and move others to action.
Good Society Readings
The Good Society Readings explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through a series of curated readings of great thinkers such as Plato, Amartya Sen and Nelson Mandela. Fellows reflect on core human values, seek common ground and cultivate a richer understanding of their social change work in a broader historical context.
Fellows are taught decision-making methodologies that empower them to embrace competing goals and navigate the tensions between them. In an increasingly interconnected world, the ability to navigate ambiguity and cross lines of difference is critical.
Fellows explore the concept of Systems Thinking through frameworks and on the ground application by working collaboratively on live challenges. Fellows are provided with frameworks to better understand larger, systemic problems and design more effective interventions.
Our Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their region. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work. They are individuals who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
The Fellows we seek are:
- Social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs, and organizational builders.
- Social entrepreneurs: Have launched or lead their own social change initiatives.
- Social intrapreneurs: Are running a social change initiative within an existing organization.
- Organizational builders: Are an integral part of building a social change organization, but do not play a founding role.
- Individuals who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
Lick here to apply
Visit the Official website of Acumen is
- FREE 250,000 FG/CAC BUSINESS NAMES REGISTRATION FOR MSMEs Is Now Opened - October 19, 2020
- How to Prepare, Apply and Win 2021 Tony Elumelu Foundation $5000 Grant in Africa. - October 15, 2020
- All You need to know about NIGERIA YOUTH INVESTMENT FUND PRODUCT PROGRAM - October 13, 2020