BOOK REVIEW: 101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BY OLUJIMI LAWALE
The author of 101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS has demonstrated that if an applicant can’t clearly show why he or she is so special and unique during an interview process to make him or her most preferred among other contestant, there is no magic other things like interview letter can do.
The purpose of 101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS is to single out its readers from the current brutal market were job seekers resemble a big herd of cattle playing some sort of twisted job search ‘’Lotto game’’ , and just hoping to be luck one day. This book is exactly what you need in today’s tough job market
- “Tell me a little about yourself.”
- Who are you?
- Do you have the qualifications and personal characteristics necessary for yourself as a goal driven?
- Would you describe yourself as a goal driven
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR COMPETENCE STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS
- “What do you feel has been your greatest work related accomplishment?
- “What is the toughest problem you’ve had to face, and how did you overcome it?”
- “Have you ever had to discipline a problem employee? If so, how did you handle it
- “Why do you want this position?”
- “Why are you the best person for this job
- Given the investment our company will make in hiring training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
- How has your education prepared you for your career
- If you have to live your life over again, what one thing will you change?
- What experience do you have in this field?
- Do you consider yourself successful?
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
- Have you ever had to fire anyone? How did you feel about that?
- If you had enough money to retire right now will you?
- What are the key elements of measuring performance and how can you establish whether an outcome represents a success?
- Tell me about the suggestion you have made
- Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
- What motivate you to do your best on the job
- If you were hiring a person for this job, what will you look for?
- How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
- What influence you to choose this career
- What influence to choose this career?
- Why did you choose this particular career path
- On the scale of 1-10 how will you rate yourself?
- What new skills or ideals do you bring to the job that our internet candidates don’t offer?
- “What is your greatest strength”?
- What particular skills and qualities you bring to the workforce? What other skills would you like to develop in the future?
- Questions regarding “Personal Weakness”
- “What is your greatest weakness?”
- Is there an achievement which you are particularly proud? What is it? Why is it significant?
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR STABILITY
- Are you applying for other jobs?
- How long will you expect to work if hired?
- Tell me about your dream job.
- Why do you think you would well at this job?
- What are you looking for in a job?
- What kind of person would you refuse to work with?
- What is more important to you: the money or the work?
QUESTION REGARDING TEAM WORK AND BOSSES
- Are you a team player
- What do co-workers say about you?
- The ability to work independently within a structured team is essential to the position. This will require the successful applicant to be self-starting, able to prioritize tasks, be a good communicator, as well as showing considerable initiative. Can you give us some examples where you have work within a team environment and demonstrated these abilities?
- What are some examples of activities and surrounding that motivated you?
- What irritates you about co-workers?
- What would your previous supervisor say your strongest point is?
- Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor
- What qualities do you look for in a boss?
- Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute without others.
- What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
- Tell me about a time when you had accomplished a task with someone who was particularly difficult to get along?
- Question regarding “Previous Bosses”
- What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
- Have you ever had a conflict with a boss? How was it resolved?
- If I were to ask your formal employers to describe you, what would they say?
- Tough questions regarding your past
- How would you react if I told you that? Your interview, so far, was TERRIBLE?
- Why did you leave your past job?
- Have you ever being asked to leave a position?
- What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
- Do you have any blind spots?
- How would you rate me as an interviewer?
QUESTIONS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO THE ORGANIZATION
- What do you know about us?
- Why do you want to work with us? Would you tell us what attracts you to a career with us?
- Do you know anyone who works for us?
- Explain how you would be an asset to this organization?
- Are you willing to put the interests of the organization ahead of your own?
- Describe your management style.
- How will you make yourself indispensable to the company?
- How can you “contribute to the company”
- How can you” help the company”
- Why did you choose this company?
QUESTION REGARDING SALARY
- What kind of salary do you need?
- What level of compensation would it take to make you happy?
- When do you expect a promotion?
QUESTIONS OF WORK ETHICS AND STRESS
- Questions regarding “hard work ethics”
- “How do you handle stressful situations?”
- Describe your work ethics.
- What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
- What has disappointed you about the job?
- Tell me your ability to work under pressure.
- Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
- Would you say that you could easily deals with high-pressure situations
- Would you be willing to relocate if required?
- Tell me how you handled an ethical dilemma.
- What is your philosophy towards work?
- Would you like my job
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- What short-term goals and objectives have you established for yourself?
- “In five years……..”
- What is your long- range objective?
DO YOU HAVE QUESTION FOR ME
- Is there anything I’ve mentioned that makes you think I’m not the best candidate for this job?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- What are the top three tasks you want the candidate to perform after being hired?
- How do you see me benefiting the company?
- Is there room for growth and advancement? What are the career prospects within your company?
- Are there opportunities for professional training or further education? OR ‘What staff training and development and opportunities are available?
- How will be evaluated and by whom? OR ‘Who would I be reported to?’
- What is the greatest culture of the company?
- Are there other job responsibility not mentioned in the advertisement?
- When will you be making a decision on the successful candidate?
- May I call you if other questions arise?
Apply for Nigeria Government Grant
SOME ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS in 101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- First job
- Human resources
- Information technology
The Author of 101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Olujimi LawalE is an ordinary minister of the gospel. An employment consultancy Guru. Co-founder Nigeria nationwide jobs. Former regional co-ordinator Interworld /world book international. Managing director logus ventures Nigeria limited. He is married with three kids
AUTHOR: Olujimi lawale
Published by: Logus Ventures Nigeria Limited
- Apply For Dayo Adetiloye Leadership and Entrepreneurship Fellowship (DALEF) (2021) Cohort 2. - October 13, 2021
- ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - October 4, 2021
- TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - October 4, 2021