Davido real name, biography, net worth, achievements, and relationships
Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer David Adedeji Adeleke, best known by his stage name Davido, is from that country. Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America (USA) on November 21, 1992, although spending his formative years in Lagos, Nigeria. Davido attended the British International School in Lagos while residing in Nigeria. At age 16, he returned to the country to attend Oakwood University in Alabama to study business administration. David began his musical career while he was in Oakwood. He acquired musical instruments and started producing beats. He teamed up with his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo and formed the music act KB International. Later, David left Oakwood University to devote himself entirely to music. He relocated to London and worked on his vocals there. In 2011, he went back to Nigeria, put a halt to his musical endeavors, and decided to enroll at Babcock University in memory of his father. He received a music degree from Babcock in July 2015 after his father sponsored the school to establish a music department for a single-student inaugural class.
Adedeji Adeleke, a millionaire and accomplished businessman from Nigeria, is Davido’s father. He is the CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited and the president of Adeleke University. Vero Adeleke was his late mother. She taught at a university. On March 6, 2003, she passed away. Davido is the second son and youngest of his parents’ five children. Davido’s father funded to build a music department at Babcock University for an inaugural class of one so that he would receive a degree after leaving Oakwood University to pursue a career in music. David took a break from music to complete his education and respect his father’s desires.
Davido is the second son of his parents and the youngest of four children. Adewale Adeleke, Sharon Adeleke, and Ashley Coco are his siblings. All of Davido’s siblings are in executive roles at Pacific Holdings, their father’s business.
Davido is the father of four kids, three of whom he shared with three different women: Chioma Avril Rowland, Amanda, and Sophia Momodu. Imade Adeleke, Hailey Veronica Adeleke, and David Adeleke Jr. are some of his kids. The second son he had with a woman in the UK is said to be his fourth kid. Social media was filled on October 31, 2022, with reports of the passing of Davido’s son, David Adeleke Jr., also known as Ifeanyi. He had a son together with his fiancée, Chioma Rowland. The three-year-old was found dead in the family pool at the musician’s opulent Banana Island home in Lagos, Nigeria, according to reports. Police questioned eight members of the singer’s staff, including the nanny and housekeeper. One had initially gone to report the drowning, according to accounts. Six of the eight were allowed to depart after being questioned by police, while two of the eight were held.
The public perception of Davido and his fiancée Chioma Avril Rowland’s relationship was tough at first, but they are now together. The couple reportedly knew one another for a while before making their romance public in 2017. Chioma was enrolled in the University when their relationship began. In some of David’s music videos, including the well-liked “Assurance,” Chioma was a prominent character. Several of his singles were also inspired by her. David proposed to her after they had been dating for some time. The couple also welcomed Ifeanyi, their child. After becoming engaged, the couple disbanded in the middle of 2020. Their divorce’s specifics were kept private. At their son’s birthday party in October 2021, they were seen once more. According to reports, they were resuming their engagement. They experienced the heartache of losing their kid after his third birthday in late October after he drowned in their family pool.
- Back When, Davido’s official debut single, was released on May 7, 2011. Rapper Naeto C provided the song’s vocals, which helped it gain popularity in the marketplace. Clarence Peters filmed the music video in Nigeria, while Davido, the song’s producer, recorded it in London. During this time, he had a record deal with HKN Records, which his older brother Adewale Adeleke runs. Omo Baba Olowo, Davido’s debut studio album, was released in 2011 and featured the hit singles Dami Duro, Ekuro, Overseas, and Back When. Davido collaborated on the album with a variety of notable musicians and producers, including Maleek Berry, Spellz, Shina Rambo, 2baba, Jay Sleek, GospelOnDeBeatz, Naeto C, B-Red, Kayswitch, and Shizzi. The album was a commercial success. The record, which was a 2013 The Headies nominee for Album of the Year, also took home the prize for Best R&B/Pop Album.
- The successful tracks Gobe, One of a Kind, and Skelewu were produced by Davido in collaboration with his close buddy and producer Shizzi in 2013. Skelewu was a huge hit all over the world because it popularized a distinctive dance technique that was popular for a while. Two music videos were produced by Davido for the song. Sesan directed the first film, and Moe Musa shot the second in London.
- Davido’s release of the single “Aye” on February 1st, 2014, rocked the industry. Six days later, Clarence Peters’ music video was made available. In the same year, he recorded and released the song “Tchelete” with South African superstar Mafikizolo (Good Life). Then, in June 2015, he dropped the trap song Fans Mi, featuring American rapper Meek Mill as a guest performer.
- In January 2016, Davido informed his audience that he has inked a record deal with Sony Music through their music label, RCA Records. He established his record company, Davido Music Worldwide, a few months later (DMW). In that year, Mayorkun, Dremo, and Ichaba were the three acts he signed. In 2016, he also released the five-track EP Son Of Mercy. The album includes the singles How Long, Gbagbe Oshi, and Coolest Kid In Africa starring Nasty C.
- To rave reviews, he released the single “If” on February 17th, 2017. Tekno wrote and produced the song, which took up the Best Pop Single and Song of the Year awards at the 2018 Headies. The record also earned the Recording Industry Of South Africa (RISA) diamond certification, indicating that it sold over 200,000 copies. Director Q shot and helmed the If music video in London. On June 2nd, 2017, Davido released the global smash, Fall, four months later. The song was the longest-charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard history and one of the top 100 Shazam-searched singles in America. It was also given a platinum certification by the Recording Industry Of South Africa (RISA). Daps filmed and directed the Fall music video in this country. The music video has received over 100 million views on YouTube since its release, making it the first work by a Nigerian musician to reach that milestone.
- On November 10, 2017, a few days before turning 25, he released the single “FIA.” The song was created by Fresh VDM, and Clarence Peters shot the music video. On April 30, 2018, he released Assurance in honor of his girlfriend Chioma Avril Rowland’s 23rd birthday. During the 2017 MTV Europe Music Awards, Davido won Best African Act. At the 2018 BET Awards, he also took home the Best International Act prize.
- 2019 saw Davido’s planned performance at London’s O2 Arena sell out. The first independent African artist to do so was he. Prior to the 22nd of November 2019 release of his second studio album, A Good Time, he released the top-charting songs Blow My Mind and Risky. He worked with Chris Brown on the first song, while Popcaan, a dancehall performer, was a featured artist on the second. The Risky music video was directed by Meji Alabi.
- A Better Time, his third studio album, was released on November 13, 2020, to the delight of his admirers. Ckay, Mayorkun, Bella Shmurda, Lil Baby, Nas, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, and Chris Brown are among the musicians who collaborated on the song. The album had received over 213.2 million streams by December 2020. On September 10, 2020, he published the song “Fem,” which came before the project was made public. The music video was directed by Dammy Twitch.
Over the course of his more than 10 years in the business, Davido has made a fortune from singing at gigs, booking his own events, and signing endorsement deals with some of the biggest brands in the world, including Pepsi, Puma, MTN, and Infinix. He has investments in successful businesses all over the world and is also an entrepreneur. Davido is thought to be worth $30 million.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.