Application Deadline: March 11, 2020
Each year, InterActions hosts a photo contest to highlight photographers who showcase incredible humanitarian and development work around the globe.
They invite you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, partnerships, and delivery of humanitarian assistance are encouraged, though entries are not limited to those categories. All images should be of work done outside of the United States.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 USD. We will showcase the winning photo at InterAction’s 2020 Forum, April 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
- Three runners-up will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
- Six Honorable mentions will have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
All eligible entries must be submitted before the deadline.
- Entry is open to all except current InterAction employees.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person.
- Entries should be 300 dpi, or larger, at a size no smaller than 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
- All entrants must hold the copyright to the photographs they submit and, by entering, are claiming such ownership. For full contest rules and regulations, please refer to the submission form.
READ ALSO: 3 Tools Every Young Entrepreneur Should Have In Their Toolkit
A panel of photographers, photojournalists, and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. They will be looking for qualities including:
- Photo composition, technique, and clarity.
- Relevance to contest rules (documentarian humanitarian/development work outside of the U.S.).
- Adherence to copyright and permission rules.
After judging, InterAction will notify the Grand Prize winner of their selection on April 10, 2020. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, InterAction may, at its discretion, select one of the runners-up as the new Grand Prize winner. InterAction will also notify all other winners within this timeframe.
All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
For more Information Visit InterAction Photo Contest
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023