Application Deadline: July 30th 2014
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) will support talented youth between the ages of 18 and 35, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, with the necessary training, funding, advocacy and network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their sustainability and impact.
Do you qualify?
Applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered for the awards. They must be:
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria (not Nigerians in the Diaspora).
- Between ages 18 – 35 years.
- Initiators of such projects/initiatives/organisations that are positively impacting local communities and lives of Nigerians particularly in achieving the MDGs through their creativity and innovation.
- Able to document and prove their work, benefits and some level of sustainability amongst communities and Nigeria for a minimum of 12 months prior to date of application for the SIP.
Twenty (20) social innovators will be enrolled into the programme after screening (an application form will be made available to interested applicants). The SIP will be offered free of charge.
Steps to Applying
- Like the LEAP Africa page on facebook, www.facebook.com/LEAPAfrica.
- Follow LEAP Africa on twitter, www.twitter.com/leapafrica or @leapafrica & mention the programme you are applying for – with a #tag (e.g Chike Adeyemi Abu/#SIP2014).
- Complete the application forms
- Location: Lagos State
- Applicant must be a founder or Co-founder of the project/organization which has been running for not less than one (1) year. The founder or co-founder is defined as a person who, either alone or as part of a team, conceived and established the project/initiative/organization
- Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the SIP desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012706541/2, 07011081954 if you have any questions or concerns.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Leap Africa Social Innovation Programme