Application Deadline: June 17th, 2020.
National Research Foundation COVID-19 Africa Rapid Grant Fund 2020 Application is open.
The Rapid Grant Fund seeks to contribute to the African regional and continental response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This call covers three strands: i) research, ii) science engagement: call to science and health journalists and communicators, and iii) science engagement: call to science advisers.
Researchers and science engagement practitioners from the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and in the context of the African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) Nigeria and South Africa. For the research strand and applicable only to Nigeria and South Africa, only ARUA member universities will be eligible to participate. For the two strands on science engagement, practitioners across all the countries, including Nigeria and South Africa may apply.
Applications from women applicants, people living with disabilities and first responders to COVID-19, as principal investigators are encouraged. In addition, diversity, including sex and gender differences, exist across all COVID-19 dimensions. Research and science engagement proposals must demonstrate considerations of diversity, including sex as a biological variable and gender as a socio-cultural factor in research projects and in science engagement approaches.
Objectives of the Rapid Grant Fund
The Rapid Grant Fund seeks to:
- Contribute to the African regional and continental response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support knowledge generation and translation to inform diagnostics, prevention and treatment of COVID19 on the continent.
- Strengthen African regional and continental science engagement efforts in response to the COVID-19
- Leverage existing, strong multilateral collaborations in support of Africa’s consolidated response to the
COVID-19 pandemic and attract new collaborations from international partners.
- Applications must be submitted on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za.
- Applications should be submitted in English or French.
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be considered for funding.
- Only one application per PI can be submitted across all three strands, i.e. a PI cannot apply to more than
For Information KIndly Visit Covid-19 Africa Rapid Grant