Application Deadline: July 14th, 2020.
Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology Hackathon 2020 Application is open. Apply Now
NCDMB: The agency providing funding, incubation and mentorship opportunities for technology startups and innovators.
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology (NOGTECH) programme is the first ever Oil and Gas hackathon with the primary aim of fostering innovations in the oil and gas industry as well as creating a platform for the proliferation of local content. The programme is headlined by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) with partnership from Learners Support Consultancy and BrentHub.
NOGTECH aims to address the challenges faced by the nation’s oil and gas industry and its linkage sectors by ideating, developing and prototyping digital technology solutions that solve these pertinent problems. The programme is promoting innovation by offering seed funding, business mentorship and incubation to the winning ideas.
Solving the Industry’s toughest challenges
NCDMB is determined to unearth scalable solutions to the industry’s biggest challenges. Some of the identified problem areas include the rising problem of pipeline vandalism, increase in cyber-physical risk, widening skill gap, supply chain and logistics inefficiency, rising carbon footprint and issues surrounding transparency, accountability and civic engagement.
Innovators are encouraged to proffer sustainable and scalable solutions to these biggest challenges faced by industry stakeholders.
Pitching to Investors
Ultimately, the winning teams will have an opportunity to pitch their prototypes to investors. But before then, the NOGTECH programme is taking place over several weeks with the selected ideas advancing on a stage by stage basis.
The first stage is the call for submissions where teams and startups are encouraged to submit their ideas. Shortlisted teams in each of the challenge areas will first be invited to present online to a team of experienced entrepreneurs and industry professionals. The most promising teams will then be selected to participate in an all-expense paid 3-day hackathon.
During this time, shortlisted participants will have a couple of days to collaborate and build their prototypes or fine-tune existing prototypes with guidance from industry stakeholders, experts and mentors. At the end of the bootcamp, teams will revalidate their solutions and have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges.
NOGTECH welcomes a broad participation. It is important that the developed solutions are connectable and quickly achievable. The following conditions are required to be eligible to participate:
- Must be a team/company of at least two or more members with at least 75% of the founding team as Nigerians
- Team/Company must be a registered, or intending to register as a, for-profit business entity (enterprise or limited liability company)
- Solution described in response to the challenge must be driven by digital technology at it’s core (Software, Hardware or both)
- Solution is either idea stage, prototype level or a launched solution that hasn’t gained commercial traction
- Must be available to participate in a 3-day hackathon as well as a 3-month incubation if selected.
Prizes for the winning teams
The winning five teams will undergo a 3-month incubation program where each team will get a $10,000 equity-free grant, a work-space, expert mentors, global partners and unprecedented market access over three-months, ensuring they become commercial and investor-ready.
At the end of the incubation, the teams will participate in a showcase day to demonstrate their progress. This showcase will aim to connect them with investors and industry stakeholders where they can further amplify their market access.
For more Information Kindly Visit NOGTECH 2020
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021