Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
This sample Tomato Storage & Processing Business Plan In Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc.
The Tomato Storage & Processing Business is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
Business: Tomato Storage & Processing
Industry: Food Processing
PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Company is dedicated to the storage and processing of tomatoes in Kaduna State. With the government’s recent attention to the Agricultural industry, Food Processing companies will be needed to ensure that the agricultural products are properly stored and processed to avoid post-harvest loss. The government’s ban on importation also gives room for us to thrive.
The origin of tomatoes can be traced back to South America. At first it was used as an ornamental plant, but from the 19th century it began to be used as an agricultural plant. It is currently cultivated worldwide, and it has become one of the most consumed fruit and vegetable globally.
With tomatoes being a widely consumed product, and a population of 200 million growing at an exponential rate, we have a large market size with a case of inability of supplying the existing demand.
Our products include:
- Tomato Paste
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
Our values include:
- Customer orientation: We are concerned with meeting the needs of our customers, as well as fulfilling their orders and exceeding their expectations.
- Integrity: we are defendants of honesty, credibility and fairness.
- Product quality: our product quality is the most paramount element for the proper functioning of the company.
- Teamwork: We promote the collaboration of our workers, rewarding the better of each one and assuming responsibilities for the achievement of a common objective.
- Welfare of society: One of our priorities is to generate value for our producers and for society in general, it is vital for the trajectory of our company.
- Environmental Awareness: The conservation of the environment is important, therefore we are continually developing internal policies that reduce our impact on the global warming.
The benefits of our products and services include:
- Respite for farmers: our service offering – storage and processing of tomatoes will help farmers prevent post-harvest loss.
- Contribution to GDP: our export activities will contribute to the country’s Gross Domestic Product.
- Commitment to the supply of food: our processed products will contribute to the availability of tomatoes all year round.
Needs and demands:
A large number of farmers do not have the ability or technical know-how to handle the storage of their agricultural products to avoid post-harvest loss. The following are some of the situations they are poised with?
Postharvest Atmosphere Management
To preserve the quality of the harvested tomato from the harvest period till it reaches the consumer. Tomatoes are sensitive to cold, so we store them at temperatures between 10 and 15ºC and humidity of 85-90%. In this way they can be stored between a few days and six weeks.
The ideal temperature for the transportation of tomatoes are between 8 and 14ºC, with high humidity. Distribution is normally made at temperatures between 10 and 15ºC and medium humidity.
The ideal temperatures for the transportation of tomatoes are between 8 and 14ºC, depending on the duration of the trip. Relative humidity must be kept high, between 90 and 95%.
Preserved tomatoes can present different problems caused by inadequate conditions (too cold, too little humidity …) or diseases caused by different fungi and bacteria, such as black rot, sour rot, cottony rot or bacterial soft rot.
Among the different problems that can be caused during conservation are the following:
- Cold damage
- Black rot
- Sour rot
- Cottony rot
- Gray rot
- Bacterial soft rot
Objective of PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
- To increase our production capacity by 20 percent every year.
- To support tomato farmers to avoid post-harvest losses.
- To invest in state-of-the-art equipment capable of improving processes and products.
- To provide employment to citizens of our host communities.
Goals for the PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
- We will ensure that the quality of our products complies with global standards, offered at competitive prices. Our focus will continually be on providing a superior service, with efficiency and profitability.
- We will maintain commitment to our partners – the farmers, the community, and care for the environment.
Vision for the PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
Our vision is to offer tomatoes as a daily consumable good in and out of season, and become the leading storage &processing company in the niche, making efforts in achieving excellence in our processes and products.
Mission for the PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
Our mission is to develop and maintain our leadership in tomato storage and processing, applying continuous innovation, improvement and quality without losing our company values.
Management Team of the PATILAD Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
Ope Jimi – Ope doubles as our Processing Facility Manager and Chief Operating Officer. He is highly skilled and experienced in People Management, Machine Handling, Service Efficiency, among others.
His first degree in Mechanical Engineering gave him an ability to handle and manage all of the facility’s equipment. He has a Master’s degree in Operations Management and he is currently enrolled in Lagos Business School for an MBA.
Dayo Adetiloye – (B Agric, MBA, and PMP): He has over 12 years’ experience in the consultancy industry. He is an alumnus of Entreprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He also has a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture with specialization soil science with Master’s in business administration. He is a project management professional. He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
Sarah Jones – she had her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, her second degree – MBA Finance. She is the company’s Chief Financial Controller; her responsibilities include Budgetary and Financial Planning, Receivables, Account Management, and many others. Sarah brings her expertise and experience in the finance management of one of the Fortune 500.
Chioma Ifeayin– she is the Chief Marketing Officer of the company. Chioma is in charge of strategy formulation and implementation of the company’s marketing goals. She has her first degree in psychology and second degree in Marketing.
We bring to the business:
- Agility in business processes
- Knowledge and experience in the industry
- Leadership and Management
My Management Experience Gathered for the Tomato Storage & Processing Business plan in Nigeria
I am the Chief Executive Officer of PATILAD Tomato Storage and Processing Company. I have managed five medium-sized business and been in the management team for three multinational companies. I had my first degree in Food Science Technology and Master’s degree in Food processing. I also bagged my MBA from the University of Wales. My exposure to global businesses has given me an opportunity to understudy quality processes in optimum delivery.
EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS FOR TOMATO STORAGE & PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
The materials include:
- Clarifiers and Decanters
- Complete tomato powder conveying
- Cross-Flow Membrane Filtration Systems
- Disposal units
- Freeze Dryers
- Generating set
- High Pressure Pumps
- Integrated Belt Dryers
- Packaging lines.
- Seed removers
- Spray Dryers
- Transformers (power sources)
- Water treatment
… among others
COMPETITOR ANALYSIS FOR TOMATO STORAGE & PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- Excellent packaging and product branding.
- We offer the highest quality in the market.
- Our reputation in the industry.
Our competitive advantages include:
- We have access to adequate funding from the Federal Government.
- We have right to export and a network of distributors in more than twenty (20) countries.
- Our products are well branded and packaged.
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, please call on 08105636015 or 08076359735, 08113205312 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria. We can help you write a detail, strong and winning business Plan for any use. Do call any of our business plan consultants on: 08105636015, 08076359735, 08113205312
Or Send an email to email@example.com.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential.