Application Deadline: April 10th, 2020
United Nations Environment Programme 2020 Young Champions Of The Earth Application is open.
Are you a change-maker, rain-maker, ground-breaker? Do you see opportunity where others see crisis? Do you want to change the world? Young Champions of the Earth aims to celebrate and support individuals aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact.
In 2020, seven young people – selected from every global region – will be named Young Champions of the Earth. These winners receive seed funding, intensive training and tailored mentoring to bring their big environmental ideas to life. We’re looking for artists, scientists, economists, communicators and entrepreneurs from all walks of life who have big, bold ideas – for the environment, for humanity, for a greener future.
In 2020, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive:
- US$15,000 in seed funding
- US$9,000 to communicate and capture your idea and document and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth award ceremony
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media
- Access to a community of experts offering insights and mentoring
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program
The 2020 Young Champions of the Earth will be required to share their journeys through videos and blogs on this website for up to one year.
READ ALSO: AGS Tribe Women Empowerment Fund
In the first stage of the selection process, all applications will be judged by United Nations experts according to the following criteria:
- The 3 Ps – The positive impact your big idea could have on the environment (planet), society (people) and its financial viability (prosperity).
- The 3 Cs – Evidence that you are a curious, courageous and colourful individual.
- Demonstrated commitment – It is important that you have already attempted to implement your big idea for at least six months and can outline achievements and developments to date.
- Endorsement – The strength of your referee’s recommendation.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 on 31 December 2020.
- Additionally, each applicant must have at least six months of prior experience working on their environmental project.
- Individuals who submitted applications in the 2019 cycle of the Competition are entitled to do so again in 2020. However, only one entry is allowed per person per year.
- Employees of Covestro, CoalitionWILD, The Do School, any other Competition partners, the United Nations Environment Programme (hereafter referred to as “UNEP”) and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition, either as applicants or as sponsors.
The conduct of the Competition is governed by the applicable regulations and rules of the United Nations and UNEP, including those regarding the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which UNEP enjoys.
For More Information Kindly Visit Young Champions Of The Earth