At the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. This new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
At the end of the Summit, Delegates become One Young World Ambassadors. They return to their communities and organisations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 12,000+ young leaders to accelerate existing initiatives or establish new ventures. Between Summits, the One Young World Community participate in an ongoing programme of opportunities including caucuses, funding, peer-to-peer mentoring, media exposure, and speaking engagements.
20.9 Million People have been positively impacted by Initiatives led by One Young World Ambassadors since 2010.
- Focussed on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Must not be operated for profit
- Impacting >500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
- Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance
READ ALSO: Recruitment into The Nigeria Police Force
Step by Step Process
1. Submit your Application
The proposal must be submitted within the deadline specified in the advertisement of the call for application and filled in via the official application form. This includes a request for the following information:
- “Business” Plan – set out the organisation and initiatives background, objectives, structure and methods
- Budget Plan – set out a clear plan of how you would use the funds
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your initiative
- Contact details for 2 references
- Images/Video to document the initiative’s impact to date
If you have difficulty uploading this information, please contact email@example.com.
During the process, you will be asked to request a funding amount, for which you should provide an accurate breakdown of proposed expenditure. One Young World recommends requesting between USD 2,500 – USD 10,000. This size of grant is designed to ensure that the fund can support various projects, helping people all over the world, maximising the reach and impact of the support.
Please note that your proposal is considered submitted only once you receive a message of confirmation of receipt, typically sent within one working day of completing the form.
2. Selection of Proposals
After the submission deadline, One Young World will select the best proposals eligible for the next upcoming round of funding. One Young World fast tracks projects led by One Young World Ambassadors who have received prior analysis and participated in due diligence processes. Initially successful applications will be contacted for further information, and to finalise details of the grant within 3 weeks after the submission deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: During this stage, One Young World may require additional information from you to verify the documents and statements you submitted under Step 1. Please make sure to regularly check your email inbox and spam folder, as One Young World cannot accept any delays in submitting additional information.
3. Notification of Result
One Young World will notify you directly via the contact details you have provided if your application has been accepted.
Applications which are not initially successful may be considered for later rounds of funding therefore will not receive a rejection email at this stage.
One Young World will also request essential financial information to begin the procedure to transfer the grant. If you do not provide said information, the funds cannot be released, so please respond promptly.
4. Approval and Implementation
Upon confirmation of funding, initiatives will be announced on the website, using the information submitted during the application process, and updated during the monitoring and evaluation process.
Successful applicants will be expected to submit key information in line with One Young World’s Monitoring and Evaluation process. For more information, click here.
Additionally, initiatives and information gathering during the implementation phase will be used as part of One Young World’s Impact Reporting, scheduled for the beginning of September. There will be additional media, networking and mentoring opportunities for grant recipients.
For More Information Visit Young Leaders Fund – Information for Applicants