12 Cheap Ways to Promote Your Business Online
Promoting your business is one of the best ways to drive sales to your business, whether online or offline. There is no sale without promotion, which is why many businesses do not joke with business promotion. In recent times, people have taken to advertising online and this is due primarily to the fact that the world is now becoming a global village than ever, and people are now taking turns to make online purchase even over offline purchase. In order to successfully sell online, there is a need to promote your business. Promoting your business online might not be as expensive and hard as you think, you just have to follow the right channels. This article will take you through some cheap ways in which you could promote your business online.
- Blogging: many underestimate the power of blogging, but the initial gist is, you can drive tremendous sales if you started blogging. With blogging, you do not have to pay a dime to start ( better to say free than cheap), all you need is a personal computer and or a smartphone to start, with a greater part of your time dedicated to writing meaningful content. One thing about blogging is that, it helps people to know more about your product . People get helpful answers to whatever they might have about your product.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): people go to Google every time to ask questions about things they do not know, search engine optimization helps in making recommendations to users. To appear in Google’s SEO, you have to create meaningful contents with strong keywords, this way, when users search for contents related to any of your posts, Google will suggest your webpage to them. With Google SEO, you can make cool cash.
- Referral sales: it is not a question of whether you sell online or offline, you need referrals. Good products or services birth multiple referrals. In promoting your goods online you need referrals sales. You could include popular review sites like Yelp on your website and on your email list. This gives the chance for customers to review the experiences they’ve had with your products. This way, people see the comments and get thrilled( if they are positive reviews), and might be prompted to patronize you. This is why it is essential for every business owners to deliver value added goods. One good turn they say deserves another. If your product is good, referrals sales will definitely work for you .
- Instagram marketing: with the Instagram running so hard to meet up with Facebook user-wise, promoting on it will never be a waste. There are close to one billion people using Instagram in the world and businesses see this as an opportunity to promote their products. If your business deals majorly with visuals, then Instagram is the perfect place for you. Much more than viewing pictures of celebrities in sexy bikini and exotic cars, users also want to get meaningful and creative contents, which is why you should cease this opportunity. Create an Instagram account and generate followers. Generating followers might not be that easy if you are not a celebrity, but with time, you’ll get enough followers, regularly post contents about your business on your page, some of your followers might get interested. Or, you could run an Instagram adverts. Instagram ads helps your product to reach a larger audience even than the ones you have as followers, this way, your chances of making sales get higher. Note however that while creating an Instagram account and running it is free, running an Instagram ad is not free, you’ll have to pay a token, but I assure you it’s an affordable fee.
- Social media: leveraging the use of the social media in general in the promotion of your business will yield good sales. There are about 3.5 billion smartphone users in the world who use various social media platforms, leveraging these platforms in promoting your business will go a long way. Some of the common ones include Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc.
Read Also: Advertising Business Plan in Nigeria
6. Creating videos: there are over three billion videos being watched daily on YouTube and about eight billion on Facebook. I will be talking majorly about YouTube here. You could create YouTube tutorials or videos of your product, two minutes will do and upload it on YouTube. YouTube thankfully has a lot of amazing features put in place to make good videos, such as trimming, editing and even sound effects that would make your videos attractive. After a successful upload, YouTube will suggest your videos to those who search contents in relation to it.
7. Contribute to online forums: people ask questions about things they do not understand on online forums like quora. You could make your contributions to questions if you have one. Twitter is also a good place to make contribution. With time, people will start getting interested in you and would want to know more about you and what you do.
8. Google My Business: Google My Business (GMB) is a platform used by many to promote their business. With GMB, Google suggests your business to people within your location who search for businesses related to you. This is to the end that customers would not have to bother about location and you too, since Google uses location filters.
9. Google ads: running Google ads is a strategy used by many successful businesses. With Google ads, you can reach more audience from all over the world who would be interested in your products.
10. Email lists: one beautiful thing about email is that it helps you get more familiar with your customers. In building an email list however, you must be ready to be committed to composing regular beautiful contents.
11. Social media Influencer: employ the service of social media influencers. They have a wide range of audience and would help in bringing your product to a larger audience. While this might not be so cheap compared to other methods, but you will sure get good sales.
12. Facebook ads: I have decided to include Facebook ad as part of this article because it is one of the most effective ways. Although, Facebook recently increased their ads charges, nonetheless it is worth it. With billions of Facebook users all over the world, what better place do you need to promote your business?
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021