21 Things that can help you write an Excellent Application for Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant
I was privileged to participate in the first year of the application but my idea was not selected. But the free Workbook we produced at that time, up to 25 people that used it won the award.
The 2nd edition, we wrote another idea still based on our business consulting industry and it was selected and more than 50 people that used the Free workbook were also selected.
The 3rd selection- More than 100 people that used this Free e-book were selected and we give glory to God.
Of recent, I went for a fellowship programme, A Train-the-Trainer programme organized by Inspire Africa in Sapele, Nigeria. Here I was trained on the secrets of winning grants & fellowship competition. I was trained by Mene Blessing, a mentor, that have won over 14 international competitions. His teaching at the Inspire Africa has really changed my orientation on how to write a winning project or idea that can attract funding.
Here are some insights that can help you:
- Position yourself as the grant giver. What exactly does this organization want to achieve.
- Study all the call for application information and understudy what they are actually expecting.
- When you want to start writing your application, come up with their own terminologies and use it.
- Study the organization website in and out.
- Study the Alumni selection and see ideas of people that have won before and see if there are ways you can connect with winners.
- Look at how they communicate their ideas and do likewise.
- Study how they tell their stories and come up with your own stories.
- Tony Elumelu is looking for ideas with social impact. Ensure you communicate that in every stage of the application.
- I learnt recently from my grant mentor, that most ideas will get the funding at the emotional level, i.e. what feeling can you communicate that will ensure your idea is selected.
- Writing application is about communicating your idea/project on paper. There is a communication of champions.
- There is a vocabulary of winners. Study successful winners and you will see how they communicate their ideas on paper.
- In Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant application, there is no idea that cannot win. It depends on your communication.
Click Below to download the Free e-book to read the rest and apply for the programme