Burna Boy real name, biography, net worth, achievements, and relationships
Burna Boy is a well-known stage name for Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, a Nigerian singer and songwriter from Port Harcourt in the state of Rivers. He was born on July 2, 1991, in Port Harcourt to Nigerian parents Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu, who later moved to Lagos State, where he finished his primary school. He was raised in Ahoada.
Burna Boy’s Biography
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, better known by his stage name Burna Boy, is a well-known Nigerian musician and composer who is currently one of the most well-known figures in the country’s music industry. Burna Boy, is characterized by this phrase: Confident. Although some people may not think highly of him or his abilities, Burna Boy has a strong belief in himself- “Your African Giant”. He wasn’t born big, of course, like many others. But he was born with strong musical roots, which undoubtedly had an impact on how he turned out and contributed to his current level of success. His mother, Bose, is a broadcaster and prominent figure in Nigerian artist management whose father is Benson Idonije.
Burna Boy attended the Montessori International School in Port Harcourt for his primary education before transferring to the Corona Secondary School in Agbara, Lagos State, for his secondary education. Just He moved from Nigeria to the UK to study Media Technology at the University of Sussex there from 2008 to 2009 after finishing secondary school. He studied Media Communications and Culture at Oxford Brooke’s University in the UK from 2009 to 2010. He completed a one-year internship with rhythm 93.7fm in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, in southern Nigeria after finishing his education in the UK.
Burna Boy’s Achievements
- Music Career
Burna Boy began his professional music career in 2010 after signing with Aristokrat Records. His breakthrough came in 2012 with the success of “like to party,” the lead track off his 2013 debut album L.I.F.E. Burna Boy left Aristokrat Records in 2014, and in February 2015, he started his own record company called “Spaceship Entertainment.” On November 25, 2015, he released his second studio album, “On A Spaceship,” via this label.
- Record Label
Spaceship Entertainment, Atlantic Records, and Warner Music Group control the Burna Boy record label. Burna Boy is internationally signed to Atlantic Records and Warner Music Group in addition to his record label, “Atlantic Records.”
- Music Genre
Afro-fusion, reggae, and dancehall are the three musical genres that Burna Boy performs.
Read Also: Fireboy DML real name, biography, net worth, achievements, and relationships
- Burna Boy Awards
Burna Boy was nominated for numerous accolades; however, we’ll only be publishing the ones that he actually won.
- 2013 “South-South Music Awards” winner for The “Best Pop Song” Award Category. His hit Track “Like to Party” Won him the Award.
- 2013 “Nigeria Entertainment Awards” winner for the “Best New Act of the Year” Award Category.
- 2015 “Nigeria Entertainment Awards” winner for the “Best Album of the Year” Award Category.
- 2019 “Soundcity MVP Awards” winner for the following categories; “Best Male MVP” , “Song of the Year” (for the Song ‘Ye’), “Listener’s Choice” for the Song ‘Ye’), “African Artiste Of The Year”. (4 Awards)
- 2019 “BET Award” winner for the “Best International Act” Award Category.
- 2019 The “Headies” Award Winner for the following Award Categories; “Artiste of the Year” and “Song of the Year”, “Best Collaboration” (for his song ‘Killin Dem’ ft Zlatan). (3 Awards)
- 2019 “MTV Europe Music Awards” winner for the “Best African Act” Award Category.
- 2019 “African Muzik Magazine Awards” Winner for the following Award Categories: “Artist of the Year”, “Best Male West Africa” and “Best Collaboration” (for ‘Killin’ Dem’ ft Zlatan). (3 Awards)
- 2019 “All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA)” Award winner for the Following categories: “West African Male Artiste of the Year”, “Album of the Year” (for his 2019 Album ‘African Giant’). (2 Awards)
- 2020 “Soundcity MVP Awards Festival” Award winner for the following Categories: “Best Male MVP”, “Song of The Year (for his hit Song ‘Killin Dem’ ft Zlatan)” and “African Artiste of The Year”. (3 Awards)
- Burna Boy Albums
- “L.I.F.E” (Leaving an Impact for Eternity) – Released on August 12, 2013.
- “On A Spaceship” – Released on 25 November 2015.
- “Redemption” EP – Released on 23 September 2016.
- “Outside” – Released on 26 January 2018.
- “Steel & Copper (with DJDS)” EP – Released on 21 March 2019.
- “African Giant” – Released on 26 July 2019
Burna Boy’s Net Worth
One of the richest Nigerian musicians, Burna Boy has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million in US dollars. Even so, he claimed to be worth more than US$3.5 million.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine-tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write a business plan and help with fundraising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow, and expand your business.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735, and 08113205312.
Or send a WhatsApp message or email us either at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Philanthropist Kole Akintujoye’s Our Daily Bread Foundation: Eradicating Hunger in Nigeria and Beyond - March 20, 2023
- 28 Reasons why Norland Network Marketing Company is the best in Nigeria - March 16, 2023
- Top 50 Ways to Generate Leads for Expertnaire Affiliate Marketing Platform in Nigeria - March 16, 2023