Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Notes, Competitions, etc. Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: POTATO FARMING AND PROCESSING
Patilad Potato Farming and Processing firm is a registered agricultural farm based in Ogun State. Our core products include the cultivation of fresh potatoes, and processing the potatoes into chips, and flakes. We know that healthy foods are very important to our health, therefore we ensure that all our produce are carefully processed with utmost care for healthy and highly nutritious output.
We have secured a large land space of about 3000 hectares for the planting and harvesting of our potatoes and also a factory for the processing of the potatoes. The space we secured is to ensure we produce a large capacity of potatoes which we serve all our clients and potential clients.
The agricultural industry is indeed a thriving one, and over the years its contribution to the economic growth of Nigeria cannot be overemphasized. Nigeria has in a record as one of the biggest producers of potatoes in Sub-Saharan Africa. Even with this, the farmers face several challenges in the cultivation of their crops, this may include; inadequate storage facilities, diseases and pest, lack of good seeds, and so on. The usage of modern agricultural equipment and machineries will smooth the production level of farmers and also ensure there is a large production for the community to benefit from.
Customers are the main reason we are in business, this is why we treat our customers as a priority and as our number one fan. Our staff are well trained in their approach to customers and how to maintain the customer relationship. Our customer service is second to none, we have an online presence where our clients can reach us and also place their orders, which will be delivered to them at their doorstep. Our target market includes both the Nigerian and international markets, this are; individuals, supermarkets, retailers, households, restaurants, hotels, and bachelors. We ensure that our customers get the best of our product and service by ensuring that our products are affordable and easy to access.
The benefits of our products and services are;
- The cultivation and processing of fresh Potatoes
- Prompt delivery service
- Exceptional customer service
- Affordable Prices
- Ease of access to our product (can be found in supermarkets, open market, and the international market)
Our Products and Services
Patilad Potato Farming and Processing is involved in the production of high-quality potatoes to meet local and international needs. We are in business to produce food and raw materials for people and industries in commercial quantities.
Below are our products and services:
- Cultivation and sales of fresh potatoes
- Processed potato flakes
- Delivery services
Keys to Success for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing
The keys to success for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing business include:
- Easy access to raw materials
- Efficient Equipment and machineries
- Acquire a necessary regulatory licence for our farm.
- Offer quality processed products.
- Well-ventilated and conducive working environment
- Low operating cost
- Exceptional Customer service
- Efficient distribution network
- Online Presence
Business Objectives for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing
- To produce high-quality potatoes in the first year of operation.
- To maintain profit margins at 20-25% through close attention to expenses and cost of potato production.
- To supply enough potatoes and processed potatoes to our customers in Nigeria and other African countries.
- To develop a sustainable farm, surviving off its own cash flow.
Business Goal for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing
Our goal is to be the highest supplier of high-quality processed potatoes to and become a major player in the Agricultural/Manufacturing sector.
Vision for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing
To be a world-class potato producer globally producing healthy products.
Read also: Food Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Mission for Patilad Potato Farming and Processing
- To ensure that quality potatoes are accessible in both the local and international markets.
- Maintaining a long-term relationship with our customers
- To make our price rate accessible and affordable.
Management Team of the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Bolatito Akinola: She is a graduate of Ekiti State University, with first-class honours in Agriculture. She has over four years of experience in the agricultural industry, having worked for some leading brands in Nigeria. She is the General Manager of Patilad Potato Farming and Processing.
Mr. Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years of experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business, and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Academic skill and practical experience in the Potato Farming and Processing business.
- Capacity to consistently provide high-quality products all year round.
- Good understanding of the market trend.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing, and promotional skills to the business.
Management experience gained for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
With over ten years of experience in the Agricultural Industry and numerous exposures to both the scientific and practical aspects of owning a Potato Farming and Processing factory, I’ve been able to master the technical requirements, financial management, staff recruitment, and organization skills, among other things necessary to give the industry good commendation from our customers.
My managerial skill has also helped put together a workforce for over 5 years, which will also help me coordinate the teamwork in most aspects of the company.
I am the CEO of the company overseeing the day-to-day activities of the business.
Competitor Analysis for Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- Availability of healthy Potatoes
- Fresh produce
- Clean and hygienic processing area
- Excellent customer care services.
- Efficient and strong distribution network
- Experienced and qualified staff
Swot Analysis for Potato Farming and Processing Business in Nigeria
- Competent and skilled staff
- Strong distribution network
- Nearness to market
- Impeccable customer feedback model
- Lack of sufficient fund
- Not yet a reputable brand as compared to the already existing firms in the industry
- Large market to serve locally and internationally
- Growing industry
- The need for health and well-processed potatoes in society cannot be underestimated
- Unfavorable government policy and regulation
- Economic meltdown can reduce the purchasing power of our customers
- Establishment of a similar firm in our regions
To buy the remaining part of this business plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312. You can send a WhatsApp message or email us either at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help institutions and organizations write concepts, implement Business plans, and train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, bankable and comprehensive business plan for your business idea.
Call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015, 08076359735 and 08113205312