Simple IT Tools To Rapidly Grow Your School
All these talk about why businesses need to go online and explore online opportunities for business growth cannot be overemphasized. More and more people need to be told that any business that is not online inclined is definitely not going to be so much relevant in the future. The same is true for a school business – and perhaps truer. No serious school owner should be ignoring Information Technologies today. Any school owner who does not have any serious plan for ICT in his/her school is simply not ready for any serious transition into a larger space of operation, and future relevance will be very difficult for such a school to attain, that is if it does not fizzle into extinction completely.
Growing a school is very essential, and it’s more like growing every other business, because whether your school will make profits or loss depends on its growth. This article will take you through some of the ways in which you could rapidly grow your school with the help of IT.
- 1. Open a Website For Your School
One of the first signs that you do not respect IT as a tool for growth is that you own a business and the business does not have a website. Picture not having a website as registering a business, buying all the equipment and tools needed to operate in the business, but you refused to open an open an office for the business where prospective and interested customers can access your products and services. If you own a school and your school does not a website, your school is 25 years behind the norm! A website is not just for fancy or for decoration, it is a major tool of growth in the 21st century.
With a website in place, parents and/or students can start mental interaction with your school that eventually lead to them actually registering. There are people who will not do anything unless they first go online to do “background checks” on schools before deciding which school their child/ward will go to. Imagine that a parent in Lagos goes online and search online for “Schools in Lagos”, to check for information about those schools that come up in the chat, trying to decide which of these schools he would take his child. If you have a school in Lagos but do not have a website, there is no way the name of your school will ever come up in the search result for the man to see. In other words, as far as that man (who is only a representative example of millions of people who acts that way) is concerned, your school does not exist! This simply means that you have empowered your competitors against your business, unwittingly!
- Use School Management Software
School management is an important part of any educational system. The day to day-to-day running of a school is complex in nature. From admissions, finances, academics, non academics, transportation, administration, student and staff’s health, and all the departments and aspects that a school’s operations in made up of. School management requires painstakingly monitoring the progress (or otherwise) of all parties and departments involved, and a careful examination of resulting data to ensure optimal performance across board. Without paying attention to this aspect as a school owner, efficiency will be minimized and wastage of resources will result.
School Management Software is a technology and innovation to help schools run and perform better. A school management software is a collection of computer programs, specially designed to manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of schools. School management software allow schools to digitally monitor the daily activities along with managing all the resources and information on a single platform. Besides the obvious of it being a complex piece of computer software, School Management Software is an administration tool for educational institutions. These systems provide functionality from applications and class enrollment to detailed performance monitoring, examinations management, records management, financials, as well as reporting and analytics, to mention but a few. A school management system automates and streamlines most of this process, making it easier to keep records clean, complete, organized, and easy to retrieve.
There are many benefits of employing a good school management software. Here are some of them below:
- A good School Management Software offers complete automation of all operations of your school.
- A good School Management Software helps administration to collect, manage and analyze student information, access their data and monitor their academic progress.
- A good School Management Software allows management of attendance, assessments & marking and grade reports.
- A good School Management Software supports financial arrangement management, automated billing and online payments.
- A good School Management Software streamlines communication between all stakeholders: students, teachers, parents and administrative staff, with dedicated web portal for any type of end-user.
As a school owner, a good school management system is a worthy investment that will help grow your school beyond what you could have planned for or imagined. There are many school management software out there that you can employ. Do well to do your personal research and decide on which offer is great for the level of your school and the complexity of your operations. If you are in doubt, you can contact us for proper guidance and consultation that will yield great benefits for your school and the future you are hoping for.
Read Also: Schooling is for a Season
- Make Use of digital resources to aid learning
In today’s world, you would be hard-pressed to find an area of life that hasn’t been affected by the process of digitalization. In other words, modern technology has pretty much permeated every pore of our society, and that includes education, as well.
Several thousands of digital education tools have been created with the purpose of giving autonomy to the student, improving the administration of academic processes, encouraging collaboration, and facilitating communication between teachers and learners. The following are some of the benefits of digitalized learning:
- Personalized learning: The opportunity to help every student learn at the best pace and path for them is the most important benefit of digital learning.
- High engagement learning: The shift to digital can boost student motivation. Anyone who has witnessed the engagement of game-based learning can appreciate the potential to create learning experiences that boost persistence.
- Assessment for learning: Digital learning powers continuous feedback from content-embedded assessment, games, simulations, and adaptive learning. When students can track their own progress, it can improve motivation and agency.
- Collaborative learning: Digital learning powers collaboration. Social learning platforms make it easy for teachers to create and manage groups. Collaborative authoring environments like Google Docs make it easy for teams (near and far) to co-author documents and presentations.
When you take advantage of these digital tools, you will see tremendous upsurge in the growth of your school, and that is just natural because IT is a natural driver of innovation, exposure and growth. Do your best to ensure that your school is IT compliant as much as possible and you will soon find out that the rewards that being IT compliant gives is very great, in growth terms.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021