Top 6 New Business Ideas That Never Existed Before Covid-19
The COVID19 pandemic has no doubt brought out the craft in many people. A lot of people now make a living from the new business ideas they developed during the pandemic. New crafts and new innovations have been developed while old ones have been rebranded. Thanks to the pandemic. Below are some of the business ideas that never existed before COVID19.
You must however note that while we have compiled a list of new businesses that emerged during the pandemic, we have also included some which are not new but which have become more popular than they have ever been.
- Sales and production of facemasks: this is one of the most common businesses that grew during the pandemic in that, it is in demand. We all know that the use of facemasks helps to shield one from contracting the corona virus and or spreading it, especially in public places, and with the instruction from the federal government mandating the usage of facemasks in public places, and the rapid outspread of the virus, there was a hike in the price of facemasks in pharmacies and drugstores, this is why many entrepreneurs now see a need to make facemasks. They sew facemasks and sell at discounted prices to people who might need them. Facemasks production is more common among tailors in that they have easy access to fabrics to use in its production. Sale of facemasks is one of the competitive small businesses of the pandemic and if you are looking for a means of survival during the pandemic, you can still venture into it as it is still highly in demand.
- Sales of hand sanitizers: according to the World Health Organization (WHO), one of the best ways to combat the corona virus is by regularly sanitizing our hands, thus increasing the demand for sanitizers in homes. Like in the case of facemasks, there was also a hike in the prices of hand sanitizers, which led many entrepreneurs to producing their own homemade hand sanitizers which is as effective as any sanitizers you will find in drug stores. Production of hand sanitizers is a business that was born due to the COVID19 pandemic and it is gaining grounds day after day. If you are thinking of starting this business, you might not be mistaken, because it promises to be profiting since it’s in demand. To start this business, you need only a little sum of money, even below 10k to purchase items like methylated spirit, and the likes that would be used in production. Hand sanitizers are part of the preventive measures of COVID19, and it’s a totally new business.
- Sales of face shield: the first time I saw people wearing face shields after the ban on lockdown was lifted, I was wowed. I marveled at the innovation. And this is the gist; Facemasks help prevent the spread and contraction of the Coronavirus and there is no disputing that, but some entrepreneurs realized that facemasks has a lot of pitfall, for instance, the elastic used are not durable, you might misplace your mask, it can tear, it can soil your makeover (for women) and many more, which is why entrepreneurs came up with a new innovation called face shield. Face shield can be strapped either round the head as a cap or to the ears as a spectacle, whichever way, it will shield and protect you from the virus. The beauty of face shields is that, it is very transparent, so your view will not get obstructed and your makeover will not get soiled( for women), besides, you cannot easily misplace it because it is large enough to be felt. Some innovative entrepreneurs realized there are some discomforts in using facemask, so they invented face shields. However, if you are into Facemasks production, don’t get discouraged that people will no longer patronize you since there is now faces shield. The fact is, you will make your own sales. Be sure preferences matter. There are even rich folks who prefer facemasks to shields. Whichever you decide to venture into, whether facemasks or face shields, be rest assured you will get your own customers.
Read Also: Psychology of Selling: How to sell anything to anybody
4. Sales of mobile water tanks: we have all heard countless times about the covid19 measures put in place for all public places and worship centers which include thorough washing of hands and sanitizing it while adhering to social distancing rules. One of the ways to adhere to these rules was to provide wash hand tanks in churches and other places, this increased the demands for wash hand taps and entrepreneurs saw a need to satisfy people’s demand by producing more and more of wash hand taps. Sale of water tanks was born in the COVID19 crisis. This business became more popular when the federal government opened all worship centers giving strict adherence to COVID19 rules. This business is very common among people who had been selling plastic materials even before the pandemic, and they also saw a need to boost sales after the guidelines were given by the government. If you are thinking of venturing into this business, it is a good thing. You will make sales, especially if you are complementing it with the sales of plastic or rubber products, you will sure make tremendous sales.
- Crypto currency: crypto currencies have being in existence for a while now, but only Bitcoin was common to a few people. However, with the outbreak of the pandemic, different developers started coming into place. Now there is etherum, there is Tron and many more digital currencies most of which started during the corona virus era.
- Freelancing: freelancing has never been a new business, even before COVID19, but only few people knew about it, however, with the outbreak of COVID19, entrepreneurs started looking for a means of survival which included freelancing. Many people never knew they could write so well or design so well or even translate so well until they started freelancing. If you are crafty, you might want to give it a trial.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021