Application Deadline: February 16, 2020.
World Health Federation 2020 Emerging Leaders Programme.
The 2020 Emerging Leaders Programme – led by Senior Programme Adviser Dr Amitava Banerjee – will mark the seventh year of the programme and will focus on CVD & diabetes. Previous cohorts have focused on heart failure, secondary prevention of cardiovascular diseases, raised blood pressure, tobacco prevention and control, essential medicines, and stroke.
The World Heart Federation aims to reach as many potential candidates as possible on a global basis. Candidates from academia, civil society, healthcare and the private sector are all encouraged to apply. Candidates may be affiliated with a member organization of the World Heart Federation, but this is not mandatory. All Emerging Leaders participants will be required to participate in online training, a five-day think tank seminar from 20-25 September 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal, and collaborative group work based on proposals developed during the seminar with seed funding support from WHF from meritorious applications.
The selection committee will look for candidates to demonstrate their passion for improving CVD healthcare, willingness to participate in collaborative group work, and desire for making a difference at the grassroots level and beyond.
The selection committee looks for candidates to demonstrate their passion for improving CVD healthcare and making a difference at the grassroots level and beyond.
Candidates are asked to provide the following supporting documents (in English):
- 1,000 word (maximum) personal statement demonstrating:
- The candidate’s rationale for applying.
- Prior experience working with local, regional, or national governments of non-governmental agencies to improve cardiovascular health.
- Unique attributes that each candidate brings to the programme.
- Demonstration of creativity, disruptive innovation or both to spark change.
- Current curriculum vitae, including membership in the World Heart Federation member organization, if applicable.
- One published writing example (if multi-author publication, candidates should select an example where they are either first or last author).
- Letter(s) of support from a local mentor and departmental head (joint letter acceptable), outlining support for participation in the Programme.
- Two-minute (maximum) video presentation outlining why the candidate wants to participate in the Salim Yusuf Emerging Leaders Programme.
- Candidates must be able to communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Emerging leaders will generally be considered to be early- to mid-career applicants who have completed their training by June 2020. Applicants who have not completed their terminal training are not eligible.
- Demonstration of leadership abilities and skills, either through positions of leadership or examples of leadership during recent or current projects.
- Demonstration of written communication abilities and skills through a recently published manuscript or another scholarly article.
- Demonstration of productivity relevant to the applicant’s particular field as demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications, grants awarded, projects led and completed, or other field-specific metrics of productivity.
- Demonstration of creativity or potential for development, implementation, or dissemination of disruptive innovations that have previously demonstrated rapid uptake and implementation given improvements in outcomes, costs, or both.
- Conducive home eco-system, including local mentor and supportive local institution.
- Career goals aligned with focus area, namely evidence-based treatment and prevention, health system strengthening, implementation science, and knowledge transfer related to CVD.
- Demonstration of prior or current collaboration with or work in local, regional, or national governments/ministries of health or with health promotion agencies/NGOs preferred.
- Experience of translating knowledge into action in the field of CVD is an advantage.
For More Information Visit World Heart Federation 2020 Emerging Leaders Programme
- FREE 250,000 FG/CAC BUSINESS NAMES REGISTRATION FOR MSMEs Is Now Opened - October 19, 2020
- How to Prepare, Apply and Win 2021 Tony Elumelu Foundation $5000 Grant in Africa. - October 15, 2020
- All You need to know about NIGERIA YOUTH INVESTMENT FUND PRODUCT PROGRAM - October 13, 2020